Bx25d transmission filter change

neiltpsn

Oct 3, 2015
AB
Howdy folks.,
I,m fairly new here too so here are some points that maybe of interest .
The debate about which transmission fluid to use .
I went to my dealer to buy some to top up after 50hr service and behold they do not sell UDT 2 here in Canada it's UDT premium or nothing .
Also I asked about the transmission filter and the best way to change it ,I had thought of just draining down the oil into a clean tray change the filter and pour the oil back in to avoid using a shop vac or parking on a hill etc.
The lead mechanic told me that removing the filter I would lose less than half a cup of oil .
So being a little sceptical after reading so much about this subject I did as the mechanic said and yes ,the oil that I lost was not enough to show on the dip stick .
I did however replace the half cup with new UDT just to be sure.
So for me it's not worth any time or any other method to change out the filter.
As I said I have read so many posts here and elsewhere about the subject all the different methods etc I,m starting to wonder if Kubota have recently changed the design a little here because lucky old me is running a 2015 BX25 D .
Just a thought anyways.
I have a couple of other subjects but I will start a new note to avoid any confusion "mostly on my part".
Cheers
Neil"...............

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Re: From above the border Alberta Canada.

Hi Neil,
<I have a couple of other subjects but I will start a new note to avoid any confusion "mostly on my part".>

To avoid confusion one everyone else's part, could you please make the subject line of you message relevant to what is being sought, eg. Bx25d transmission filter change Q's or or BX25D front tires going flat/ dealer replacement, or something similar?

Last edited:

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Neil, you are correct on the filter. Now checking/cleaning the strainer is a different story. It is located on the lower bottom left of the transmission pan. You will lose all of your fluid dislodging that. I went ahead and drained all fluid and replaced filter and pulled the strainer, thats where the larger metal chunks or other material would be if there is any. I did it for peace of mind and too see the whats in there. There was minimal, but the fluid had very very small metal flakes in it. Replaced all fluid. As I consider this normal and break-in wear, its all fresh and good to go. At least I have a reference that after the break-in period everything looks good. Was it necessary, probably not but the fluid is doing 2 things, transmission and hydraulic. The cost was minimal compared to what I spent on the BX. Since I have to only change the engine oil yearly, I just pop on a new hydraulic filter too.

Be sure to check your front axle fluid, mine was low from the dealer after running it a little while.