BX25D Skid protection plates

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Added a set for skid plates to that very vulnerable under carriage of the BX25D. All that exposed rigging under there made me nervous. The plates when on easy, the hardest part was taking off the little OEM plate, as the bolts are rammed on by machine then painted over and stuck in a finger tight slot.

Note the picture of the rear plate and the new 3” spacing of the tires, see posting on adding the new hubs.

Hope this posting helps other new owners the need to protect your bottom.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Added a set for skid plates to that very vulnerable under carriage of the BX25D. All that exposed rigging under there made me nervous. The plates when on easy, the hardest part was taking off the little OEM plate, as the bolts are rammed on by machine then painted over and stuck in a finger tight slot.

Note the picture of the rear plate and the new 3” spacing of the tires, see posting on adding the new hubs.

Hope this posting helps other new owners the need to protect your bottom.
Hey Orange,

If'n you had a MMM - does it still work ? Or do you have to take off the shield?

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
This will be my next project. Bro-Tech skid plates.

If I remember right, the forward most skid plate will not work with a mmm. I used to mow with mine but have a zero turn now, so it wont be a problem.

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
nice job upgrading your tractor. I did the same and after one and half year still working great. I did have my rear tires filled for better stability.

I went for the full shield, because I didn't need the MMM. Wouldn't go in the woods without it.

Last edited:

Little Orange

Equipment
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Bro-Tek web site is being rebuilt at the moment will be fun to see his new look.

Top notch products, fast delivery and everything they are suppose to be.

His prices are very good and I think he has a sale on right now, as that is the price I got. The total pack I got including our @#$%^ taxes and delivery right to the door for 3" spacers and both front and rear plates $526CAD.

Not the least expensive of mods but one of the most important by all accounts.

Do not have a MMM but all the posts caution about MMM and which hubs work with which size decks. Check some other posts on OTT for that info.

See the other thread for need to tighten the new wheel nuts soon after installation, I did it after 4 hours of excavating and had to tighten a couple due to painted steel, and new bolts and hubs.:D

Little Orange

Equipment
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Like Jet, sorry can not help with the MMM pto as do not use this feature.

And yes, Bro-Tec is back on line.

Cheers to protection.

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
Can someone give me the height, with and distance from the right side?
I aquired some stainless sterl sheets snd want to cot them up gor a plate.

Ray

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
jetmans pics are really good so jack the beasty up and hit it with the tape measure I built mine out of a couple old trashed street signs, and find it just as easy to remove the skid plate when mowing season comes. This also gives me a chance to check up in side and see if theres anything that needs to be taken care of. Just MHO