BX25d seat bolt broke!

BX25Dhillsboro

Equipment
Bx25d
Apr 18, 2017
Hillsboro Oregon
Hello Orangetalk,

I'm new to this forum and recently bought a new BX25d tractor with backhoe attachment. I have used the backhoe 3 times and the seat bolt has broke on two of those occasions! Has anyone else had this issue and are there any aftermarket fixes that work better than stock parts? Thx, Greg

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
If you are talking about the seat pivot bolt then what I have found to work is not to turn your seat clockwise all the time since the bolt keeps getting tighter and tighter and will eventually break. And don't over tighten the bolt when you first install it.

When I reverse my seat I turn it clockwise, but when I put the seat back in the forward position, I turn the seat counter clockwise. Since doing this, I have not broken another bolt.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hello Orangetalk,

I'm new to this forum and recently bought a new BX25d tractor with backhoe attachment. I have used the backhoe 3 times and the seat bolt has broke on two of those occasions! Has anyone else had this issue and are there any aftermarket fixes that work better than stock parts? Thx, Greg
There was a recall on the nut that basically hold the seat pivot in place. Must replaced the nut with a nylon insert, others have double nutted the bolt. Never seen the bolt "break" however.