Bx25d hydraulic oil filter replacement?

Hondahead

Mar 31, 2015
I have clocked up 50hours now and have done the engine oil and filter. I have the new hydraulic filter ready to change. Obviously I need to remove the bash guard in front of the filter. Have read somewhere about using a vaccum on the dip stick tube? Does this actually prevent losing too much hydraulic fluid? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
If your just replacing the filter, it wont leak that much, maybe a half a quart. Its the strainer that will leak all of your hydro oil out. Also kind of a pain in the a$$ but i havent take my basher(skid plate off) to change the filter. Its tight but can be done, changed my filter 2 or 3 times already.

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
If your just replacing the filter, it wont leak that much, maybe a half a quart. Its the strainer that will leak all of your hydro oil out. Also kind of a pain in the a$$ but i havent take my basher(skid plate off) to change the filter. Its tight but can be done, changed my filter 2 or 3 times already.
X2 , you won't loose much oil at all . I have never taken my skid plate off to change that filter .

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
X2 , you won't loose much oil at all . I have never taken my skid plate off to change that filter .

X3 On what they said^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was surprised HOW LITTLE oil was lost ......

I might even say less than .......8 oz.

Taking the MMM off in a gravel drive way was the GRADE A pita!!!

Taking the filter off and having another with in arm reach and ready to go was not that bad - I did not take off my skid plate either.

I did end up adding MORE oil than I lost ......thought that was strange !:)

Hondahead

Mar 31, 2015
Change my filter today. Lost almost no oil. Left the dip stick in and just did it cold. I had back the tractor out of the shed and didn't let it warm up. All good thanks for the replies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk