BX25D backhoe valve, open or close

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I'm looking a a 3pt wood splitter, i was wondering on my BX25D, if the power beyond, if thats what you call it, for the backhoe, if its an open or close valve. The wood splitter comes with the open kit installed, but also comes with the closed valve kit if needed. I would like to tap into the rear hydraulics for the wood splitter for ease of use. Any body else use these 3pt hydraulic splitters?

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.
Generally, the oil flow from the tractor seems pretty slow on an implement. Also generally, "they" make and sell about 10 self contained log splitters - those complete with gas engine, hydraulic pump, and reservoir - for every 3PH one. Consequently you may well be looking at the same $$ for something that doesn't tie up your tractor. You can split the logs, toss the firewood into the FEL, move it around and stack it without fussing with the splitter. Also without having to take off the backhoe.
The tendency is to try to find things you can use your tractor for. Sometimes you end up wanting to use your tractor as support for the operation you are trying to do with that implement. It becomes both a pain in the neck, and an economic loss buying the implement instead of the whole deal.
The classic example of this is a PTO generator. They cost more than gas, propane or diesel ones, and tie up your tractor when you want to be out plowing snow and helping the neighbors.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I like the vertical/horizontal splitters, some of the wood is just to big to pick up. It also looks like the Speedco and CountyLine are 1 in the same. There was a good review of a guy using it with his BX18xx. My backhoe is almost always off, while my 3pt is almost always on. Between using my rear blade, box blade, ballast box, sprayer, and soon a post hole digger, a log splitter would be nice. I'm kind of tired of taking care of all these seperate engines, even though its the same $$.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I understand the thought of not wanting to take care of all the small engines. However to get the best performance out of your splitter, consider one that has a PTO powered hydraulic pump and reservoir. It will provide a much GPM flow than the tractor's pump is capable of giving.