BX25D Backhoe question

capercanuck

Equipment
BX25D
Feb 29, 2016
new waterford nova scotia
Hi,

My dad just purchased a BX25D, after a lot of research. Nice machine and perfect for his needs. But I do have a question......

When we put the machine away for the night, we leave the backhoe in the retracted position. When we go out in the morning, the backhoe bucket is on the ground.

Should the hydraulics be passing like that? I don't know much about these machines, but shouldn't the hydraulics keep the backhoe in place?

Thanks for any help!

Mike

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Normal, thats what the 2 pins are for. I also bungee cord the stabilizers up, they take awhile, days, but will be on the ground too.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Ditto to what SlimShadie said - use those two large pins to keep it under control, do not be alarmed if the stabilizers go down too over time, mine fall faster in cold than hot, over a 5 day period, mine will fall sometimes an inch sometimes more. The backhoe bucket also uncurls too.:)

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
Ditto to what SlimShadie said - use those two large pins to keep it under control, do not be alarmed if the stabilizers go down too over time, mine fall faster in cold than hot, over a 5 day period, mine will fall sometimes an inch sometimes more. The backhoe bucket also uncurls too.:)
Ditto........

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Yup what everyone else says. Bungees and those pins that came with it are your friends.