BX2537A hitch questions

Andrew492

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 1, 2022
USA
I have a new BX23S with the new style 4pt front mount/pto for my snow blower. I accidently bought a broom to go along with it without knowing its a different kind of hitch:mad::mad:. With that being said is there any to adapt to the newer style hitch?

Thanks in advance

YNot

Mar 6, 2022
Pa
I have a new BX23S with the new style 4pt front mount/pto for my snow blower. I accidently bought a broom to go along with it without knowing its a different kind of hitch:mad::mad:. With that being said is there any to adapt to the newer style hitch?

Thanks in advance
I have kind of looked into this and from my research it would require extensive part swaps work with new drive lines etc. It might be possible that I overlooked something, but I went old school and bought all the prior generation quick hitch attachments. They work fine on my 2380 just have to be careful opening the hood.

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You can do it, but the cost of the parts to make the conversion is going to cost you about $750-$800. I am presently contemplating doing the same with a BX5455HD snowblower. The only difference is that I already own all but 1 of the required parts and that one part that I will need costs $315 to purchase. If you are serious about making the conversion, I can give you a hand with figuring out what you are going to need. I will also say that in the past I owned 2 brooms, and I purchased the second one when I thought that the first one didn't function to my satisfaction. The next one wasn't any better, so when I sold my BX22, I gave it to the new owner. I have seen the latest incarnation of the BX broom, and they finally resolved all the issues that the older ones had.

YNot

Mar 6, 2022
Pa
You can do it, but the cost of the parts to make the conversion is going to cost you about $750-$800. I am presently contemplating doing the same with a BX5455HD snowblower. The only difference is that I already own all but 1 of the required parts and that one part that I will need costs $315 to purchase. If you are serious about making the conversion, I can give you a hand with figuring out what you are going to need. I will also say that in the past I owned 2 brooms, and I purchased the second one when I thought that the first one didn't function to my satisfaction. The next one wasn't any better, so when I sold my BX22, I gave it to the new owner. I have seen the latest incarnation of the BX broom, and they finally resolved all the issues that the older ones had.
I am interested in what troubles you had with the old generation brooms? We have been tossing the idea around of picking up a used one. I was basically given a 5450 blower so that started me down the old generation attachments with a newer tractor model.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I found that the broom bounced too much to brush off a dusting of snow before it turned to ice in the winter. and it bounced too much to work well as a dethatcher on the field of grass. The latest units have wheels that follow the contour of the ground and I believe they will take the bounce out of the sweeper. I have a walk-behind sweeper that has drive wheels in the rear and large pneumatic wheels in the front that works well. I was going to modify the second sweeper but never got around to it. I recently saw the newest model offered for sale on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace for $1200 that has the KConnect mountings on it. I thought about buying it, but came to my senses and said to myself, not unless I can try it on a tractor to see if it has been improved.

YNot

Mar 6, 2022
Pa
I found that the broom bounced too much to brush off a dusting of snow before it turned to ice in the winter. and it bounced too much to work well as a dethatcher on the field of grass. The latest units have wheels that follow the contour of the ground and I believe they will take the bounce out of the sweeper. I have a walk-behind sweeper that has drive wheels in the rear and large pneumatic wheels in the front that works well. I was going to modify the second sweeper but never got around to it. I recently saw the newest model offered for sale on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace for $1200 that has the KConnect mountings on it. I thought about buying it, but came to my senses and said to myself, not unless I can try it on a tractor to see if it has been improved.
Ok, yeah that makes sense. I see a good many of the old ones for sale and very few reviews about them.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
In the picture below you can see how Kubota added the wheels so the broom will travel along the surface of the ground where it is sweeping. This "option might also be a good choice for someone with a gravel driveway to keep the snowblower up high enough that it doesn't eat the gravel.

BX2814.jpg

YNot

Mar 6, 2022
Pa
In the picture below you can see how Kubota added the wheels so the broom will travel along the surface of the ground where it is sweeping. This "option might also be a good choice for someone with a gravel driveway to keep the snowblower up high enough that it doesn't eat the gravel.

View attachment 89892
That's pretty cool. I actually put wheels on the back of my 5450 that are similar to those, for the exact reason you said.

Reactions: 1 user

Andrew492

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 1, 2022
USA
You can do it, but the cost of the parts to make the conversion is going to cost you about $750-$800. I am presently contemplating doing the same with a BX5455HD snow blower. The only difference is that I already own all but 1 of the required parts and that one part that I will need costs $315 to purchase. If you are serious about making the conversion, I can give you a hand with figuring out what you are going to need. I will also say that in the past I owned 2 brooms, and I purchased the second one when I thought that the first one didn't function to my satisfaction. The next one wasn't any better, so when I sold my BX22, I gave it to the new owner. I have seen the latest incarnation of the BX broom, and they finally resolved all the issues that the older ones had.
I have devised a plan to attach it to the back of the tractor on a 3pt mount that I have. The problem I'm having is trying to get the PTO to the broom. It didn't come with the entire shaft only the female part attached to the brush. I have 2 ideas the first is to take the universal joint apart cut off the yoke and weld it to a new PTO shaft or try and find some kind of square adapter that goes to the PTO.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I have devised a plan to attach it to the back of the tractor on a 3pt mount that I have. The problem I'm having is trying to get the PTO to the broom. It didn't come with the entire shaft only the female part attached to the brush. I have 2 ideas the first is to take the universal joint apart cut off the yoke and weld it to a new PTO shaft or try and find some kind of square adapter that goes to the PTO.
Andrew - - the other half of the drive shaft is feasible.

Unfortunately, if you mount it to the back, and use your rear PTO, you're not going to have the PTO RPM if on the front.

Your mid-PTO is 2,000 RPM. Your rear PTO is 540.

Maybe a sweeper will be fine at low RPM. Just wanted to give you a heads up..... ;)

Looks like it's a chain drive. Probably has a couple sprockets to reduce RPM of the sweeper. Might require changing a spocket to maintain similar RPM as if on the mid-PTO.

Andrew492

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 1, 2022
USA
Andrew - - the other half of the drive shaft is feasible.

Unfortunately, if you mount it to the back, and use your rear PTO, you're not going to have the PTO RPM if on the front.

Your mid-PTO is 2,000 RPM. Your rear PTO is 540.

Maybe a sweeper will be fine at low RPM. Just wanted to give you a heads up..... ;)

Looks like it's a chain drive. Probably has a couple sprockets to reduce RPM of the sweeper. Might require changing a spocket to maintain similar RPM as if on the mid-PTO.

Good point!! thanks for the heads up.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm do the PTO shafts spin the same direction ? If so, mounting a 'front' implement out 'back' woud make it spin the wrong way...

Andrew492

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 1, 2022
USA
Capture.PNG

Well take it easy on me but this is my Frankenstein broom. It works like a champ!! The hardest part was trying to find the correct sprocket to get the right torque and speed.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users