BX25 wont start in cold weather

Brian

Equipment
BX 25
Nov 7, 2010
New York State
2010 BX25.
I had gelling issues so I cut with Kero. Last time i ran it, it was about 30 and she started and ran fine. today, 18-20 (F) and she started, idled for about 5 minutes and quit. Tried restart, no pop, no sputter.

Seems like fuel issue. but where to start?
what can be done to preempt it?
Do I need to replace all the filters?
I store it under cover and wind blocked but no heat and front is exposed.
Is there dry gas for diesels. the dry gas I have says for diesels but I have been told not to use it by friends.

I was also told by the dealer that low sulfur diesel has been giving fits to many, there is a lot of moisture in it????
I hear so much, i am a neophyte when it comes to diesel.

I don't need the nutroll of heating and draining and all this stuff, on a regular basis.

any ideas, suggestions?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Brian, it sounds like you have water in the fuel to me. I would take the fuel filters off and put new ones on. While you have them off check the fuel flow from the tank. That way you know the lines aren't froze up as well. Hopefully with the new filters on you can bleed the system and fire it up.

As far as the fuel treatment goes I personally use Amsoil diesel conditioner. I have never blended any other type of fuel in mine and use the tractor about every day. It was low teens here this morning and mine cranked and ran just fine. Last winter I cranked it in -11F without even using the glow plugs just to see if it would. There are quite a few good brands of conditioner on the market you can get. The Amsoil has given me great results for over 10 yrs now so I plan to stick with it. Power service (I think) is another brand. Heat is one that can be found about anywhere that has been around for years.

Stone

Jan 13, 2011
Deckerville, MI
www.farmdepot.biz
Brian,

You may want to try "Diesel 911". You should be able to add this to your fuel tank and let it sit for 10 min and it will work its way through your complete system. It may take some cranking, but works good. It will not take the complete bottle, but more is better than less.

Check out the site to see where to buy it in your area.

http://powerservice.com/d911/

Good Luck.