bx25 Top and Tilt

deerhunter01

Equipment
BX25
Dec 15, 2013
williamsport,pa
I have a BX25 and use a rear blade and box blade. A hydraulic top link and tilt link would be great but I cant find any info specific to the BX25. I would think you could use the supply and return lines for the backhoe since its not attached when using a rear blade. I would appreciate any help. thanks

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
You need either the factory Kubota rear remotes installed or yes you can use the power beyond to feed an after market set of valves.

Google top & tilt sets and you should find some suppliers for those cylinders.

Good luck ;)

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
You can buy the Kubota BX rear remote kit for around $330. It is made for the BXs and is easy to install. I don't believe you can come close to $330 for after market remotes. However, both valves in the kit I bought leak through and the cylinder drops pretty fast. I have not yet talked to the dealer about the leaking problem. I am sure it is the valves because I installed a throttling valve to slow down the cylinder, and if I close the throttle valve the cylinder holds. I feel that I have two options; 1) to rebuild or replace the valves or 2) install a cylinder with locking check valves.
Good luck Googling top and tilt and finding any thing that will fit a Kubota BX. The cylinder I am presently using is from Surplus Center and is a 1 1/2" cylinder by 6"stroke:
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...IC-CYLINDER-WOLVERINE-WWXT1506-S-9-8770-6.axd
I am looking at a locking cylinder from Haytools:
http://www.haytools.com/TNT.htm
The cylinder from Haytools only has a 4" stroke, but it appears to be in the right range for what I need.
So far no luck on a tilt cylinder. If I can find one short enough I will probably have to modify it to fit my BX2370. Having a locking cylinder on the tilt is probably not as critical as the top cylinder and I would probably just buy another throttling valve and just open the throttle valve when adjusting the tilt. With the top cylinder I want to be able to adjust it on the fly.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Sorry I didn’t mention you; I have seen your posts on hydraulic links and have visited your site. I may have also made a mistake in not calling, but my impression of you and your company is that you make a quality product. I also think you sell your product at a reasonable price for the quality. If I were doing serious 3 point ground engaging work I would definitely consider Fit Rite Hydraulics. However I do not do serious ground engaging work and would not with a BX tractor, too small and poor 3 point control. The reason, I added rear hydraulic outlets and a top hydraulic link was to help overcome the poor 3 point control and the low cost ($330 for the rear hydraulic kit and $100 for the cylinder, hoses and fittings). It only takes me 20-25 hours of work a year to maintain about 1 ½ miles of shared road and driveway so I have no plans to upgrade my tractor or 3 point equipment.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Sorry I didn’t mention you; I have seen your posts on hydraulic links and have visited your site. I may have also made a mistake in not calling, but my impression of you and your company is that you make a quality product. I also think you sell your product at a reasonable price for the quality. If I were doing serious 3 point ground engaging work I would definitely consider Fit Rite Hydraulics. However I do not do serious ground engaging work and would not with a BX tractor, too small and poor 3 point control. The reason, I added rear hydraulic outlets and a top hydraulic link was to help overcome the poor 3 point control and the low cost ($330 for the rear hydraulic kit and $100 for the cylinder, hoses and fittings). It only takes me 20-25 hours of work a year to maintain about 1 ½ miles of shared road and driveway so I have no plans to upgrade my tractor or 3 point equipment.
No worries, I just wanted to let people know that there are units available without having to build them themselves. A lot if not most people are not comfortable building these types of things themselves and then would just go without.

Reactions: 1 user

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
I tried but he never got back to me.
Try again, stuff happens. Sometimes things get sent and just never get there(lost in cyber space) or more common is people have settings on their computer to only allow specific people get in and the quote just went to trash thinking that the quote is spam. This happens more commonly.

But either way stuff happens. :eek:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

huserjr

Equipment
Kubota G1800S
May 13, 2019
Germantown Hills
You can buy the Kubota BX rear remote kit for around $330. It is made for the BXs and is easy to install. I don't believe you can come close to $330 for after market remotes. However, both valves in the kit I bought leak through and the cylinder drops pretty fast. I have not yet talked to the dealer about the leaking problem. I am sure it is the valves because I installed a throttling valve to slow down the cylinder, and if I close the throttle valve the cylinder holds. I feel that I have two options; 1) to rebuild or replace the valves or 2) install a cylinder with locking check valves.
Good luck Googling top and tilt and finding any thing that will fit a Kubota BX. The cylinder I am presently using is from Surplus Center and is a 1 1/2" cylinder by 6"stroke:
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...IC-CYLINDER-WOLVERINE-WWXT1506-S-9-8770-6.axd
I am looking at a locking cylinder from Haytools:
http://www.haytools.com/TNT.htm
The cylinder from Haytools only has a 4" stroke, but it appears to be in the right range for what I need.
So far no luck on a tilt cylinder. If I can find one short enough I will probably have to modify it to fit my BX2370. Having a locking cylinder on the tilt is probably not as critical as the top cylinder and I would probably just buy another throttling valve and just open the throttle valve when adjusting the tilt. With the top cylinder I want to be able to adjust it on the fly.
I bought a top link from Haytools. Works great, and with the double check valve, don't notice any movement when working the machine. I have some videos of it on my YouTube channel. Here is the latest where you can see the top link in action:

I would still love to get tilt, but Mark at Haytools said he no longer sells them.

Thanks,
Jason

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Brian at fit-rite is good about communicating. I'm coming up on 7 months 6 months wait on my top-n-tilt, ordered Oct 11. Cannot get here soon enough.

Edited for correction.

Last edited:

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
Today it has been 6 months (9/25/2020) since I placed my order for the Top 'n Tilt from Fit-Rite. At that time he indicated a 23+ week wait time. I was just about ready to email him until I read B737's post.

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
We ordered within a few weeks of each other tthor!
I last messaged him early March he said he was a little behind but should be close, fingers crossed for us, im over manual adjustments.

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
I have never had Top 'n Tilt or a Box Blade until I received my LX2610 last November(Ordered May 15th) and am hoping to get the Top 'n Tilt before the driveway dries out enough to use the box blade on it to fill in some potholes that my sister has made - she drives down the exact same track all of the time. If she was the only one to drive on the driveway it would look like the ruts created by the wagon trains.