BX25 Spacers for Chain

yzinger

Feb 5, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hi folks - this year I want to feel more comfortable with the chains on my rears so thought of wheel spacers. I will have to clear snow from a larger area with a couple hills and can get icy. I've done some research and alot of folks talk about using spacers for Jeeps and as much more production they save alot of dough.

Problem is i was only finding old posts. Can anyone here speak to your experiences with wheel spacers and what you used and where you got them.

Thanks
Zing

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am doing the same thing for the second time on my tractor. The first time was on a BX22, and now on my new BX23S. I believe that I purchased them from eBay. Presently, there are quite a few listed on eBay. Search for the thickness that you want (1 1/2" jeep spacers). Check your specification of wheel spacing before you place your order.

The stud nuts that I am using are White Knight 1704S-20AM Chrome 1/2"-20 Bulge Acorn Lug Nut 20 pack from Amazon.

yzinger

Feb 5, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Thank Dusty - I think I will go with the 2inch but want to ensure i get the proper bore and stud spacing is the problem. I dont know which I need so hopefully we'll get more traction here and some folks will chime in. The chains worked good last year but i was always nervous as they leave hardly any clearance.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hi folks - this year I want to feel more comfortable with the chains on my rears so thought of wheel spacers. I will have to clear snow from a larger area with a couple hills and can get icy. I've done some research and alot of folks talk about using spacers for Jeeps and as much more production they save alot of dough.

Problem is i was only finding old posts. Can anyone here speak to your experiences with wheel spacers and what you used and where you got them.

Thanks
Zing
I bought a couple sets of spacers off Ebay and from Walmart on line, last year.

BX rear wheels are lug centric, not hub centric, so you only need to be sure the hole in the spacer is larger than the little protrusion on the hub.

The 2 inch ones were for my son in law's BX23S and I got thinner ones for my BX2200. I think inch and a quarter. Only because I could not use anything wider with the MMM on the tractor.

The basic specs listed in the old posts you found should work just as well today.

The spacers I bought both came with nuts so nothing else needed to be ordered.

Since the original nuts are used to hold the spacers on, and since they are hidden behind the wheels when the wheels are installed, it is a good idea to use a little blue locktite on them, since you cannot check them for tightness without removing the wheels.

Edit: Blue NOT RED locktite...Red is stronger but requires heat to break free, blue is just somewhat better than nothing...as it is not THAT strong.

Last edited: