BX25 Hydraulics not working correctly

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I think that you have a faulty coupler or tip at the backhoe supply hose. When the flow and or pressure increase to a certain point, it is pushing the ball in the coupler or tip into its seat blocking the flow. When you shut off the engine, your pressure drops, and the ball is then pushed off of its seat and the circuit is open again until you increase pressure or flow and it seats again.

Your hydraulic oil flows from the pump to the steering priority valve. It supplies steering demand and the rest goes to the backhoe or loop line if the hoe is detached. The oil then goes to the loader valve, then on to the three-point valve. If the coupler fails, stopping the flow, the pump is deadheaded and no oil can get to the loader or three-point. Your steering and PTO will probably still function.
I agree! Replace the coupler at the back where you connect the backhoe and your problem will likely go away.

JG4660

Apr 22, 2019
Buffalo
I would take out the relief bypass valve and inspect it. Really easy to do...google how to shim the releif valve to increase pressure and you'll see what to take out...Sounds like once it goes into by pass its being held open until all the pressure is relieved.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would take out the relief bypass valve and inspect it. Really easy to do...google how to shim the releif valve to increase pressure and you'll see what to take out...Sounds like once it goes into by pass its being held open until all the pressure is relieved.

He did mention that in his first post :

• Removed the relief valve and checked for anything unusual in the spring or shims but nothing. I'm not sure how to service the valve and haven't seen any related video's info in internet searches.

But as you mentioned,easy to do and I would look at it again - just to double check;)

scrappin35

Equipment
BX25
Jun 8, 2015
Upperville
Thanks everyone for helping me out with my issue. I'm pretty confident it was the rear female coupler. I did however replace it as well as the entire connecting hose, but like I said I'm pretty sure it was the coupler. When I got it off I noticed that when I pushed the nipple inside it wouldn't seat back perfectly and took almost no effort to push. Also when I pushed the male end into the coupler I had to pull it back apart. The new one ejects the male end with some force so I believe that was it... thanks everyone again learned a lot here!

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Thanks everyone for helping me out with my issue. I'm pretty confident it was the rear female coupler. I did however replace it as well as the entire connecting hose, but like I said I'm pretty sure it was the coupler. When I got it off I noticed that when I pushed the nipple inside it wouldn't seat back perfectly and took almost no effort to push. Also when I pushed the male end into the coupler I had to pull it back apart. The new one ejects the male end with some force so I believe that was it... thanks everyone again learned a lot here!
When you push the ball in on a coupler it shouldn't go further than flush with the end of the coupler ( or the bottom flat of the coupler if it is a female) If it does go further the flow of oil will push the ball too far and allow the ball in the other half to close effectively closing off oil flow. I believe that is what happened in your case.