BX23S

Papaswormfarm.net

May 24, 2021
Climax NC
What a day today.I'll pass along my journey . Maybe it'll help someone else. (I'll skip most of the part where this getting older fart realized he needed help with all the compost he was turning daily.) After the decision was made clear by pulling a muscle in my shoulder I went shopping. The most local small town dealer told me about the 3-4 month wait. I decided after getting home to try the largest dealer I could find, a few hundred miles away. They confirmed my suspicion that larger dealers do get more inventory. It's based on previous sales.......But their 5 machines scheduled in are spoken for, and they can't sell a machine outside of their territory........So, I tried a medium size dealer closer to home and waaaLaa. They have one lonely machine....Assuming I get a thumbs up from Kubota credit, I may have my machine 1 day after starting the search. The salesman wasn't at all interested in adding any freebies or discounting the price. It was kinda like, If you're not interested at this price buddy, someone else will be here tomorrow....:(

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The salesman wasn't at all interested in adding any freebies or discounting the price. It was kinda like, If you're not interested at this price buddy, someone else will be here tomorrow....:(
And he's probably right. Awesome work to find one right away. The dealer I chose also wasn't supposed to sell outside area. But he just needed an invoice address in his area, he was allowed to deliver it wherever I asked. Turns out my brother's address was in his area.....

Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
There must be a conspiracy when they say that they are not allowed to sell outside of their "area", because I believe that would constitute an illegal activity. It is like price fixing among dealers. I was given that same line almost 20 years ago, and a friend was given it a couple months ago. He went to a dealer a couple hours away, and they sold him a machine, and he financed it with Kubota. If it were a Kubota "rule" about territory only sales, then Kubota credit wouldn't have financed the machine. A manufacturer can limit the number of dealers in an area, but they can't control who they sell to.
When you visit a dealer, don't give them your last name and address until you finalize the monetary details, and I'll bet that they will sell you. I know that Messicks will sell a tractor to you no matter where you live, even if it is 4 states away. Your buying a tractor, not a gun, where what state you live in makes a difference.

Reactions: 1 users

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
There must be a conspiracy when they say that they are not allowed to sell outside of their "area", because I believe that would constitute an illegal activity. It is like price fixing among dealers. I was given that same line almost 20 years ago, and a friend was given it a couple months ago. He went to a dealer a couple hours away, and they sold him a machine, and he financed it with Kubota. If it were a Kubota "rule" about territory only sales, then Kubota credit wouldn't have financed the machine. A manufacturer can limit the number of dealers in an area, but they can't control who they sell to.
When you visit a dealer, don't give them your last name and address until you finalize the monetary details, and I'll bet that they will sell you. I know that Messicks will sell a tractor to you no matter where you live, even if it is 4 states away. Your buying a tractor, not a gun, where what state you live in makes a difference.
Messick's may sell tractors to anyone but they sure as he!! won't sell parts to Canadians.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Congrats OP. I waited 4 months for mine back in the fall. Got it below sticker though, around 19K. :cool:
This was middle-pandemic though with a lot of uncertainty and I think production slowed but they were not sure they were still going to be able to sell them, now they are going like hotcakes.

My suggestion: Get into your local dealer and butter them up/overpay/pay list for some service/parts/attachments. Having a good relationship with your local dealer is a good thing. Hopefully they will understand you had to go far away to find a machine you needed right away.

Diamond Jim

Equipment
4060LE, BX23S, RCR60, OES
May 8, 2021
Mine was delivered today. Looks nice next to my 4060LE, I really don't want to get it dirty:unsure: Took 2.5 weeks to get.
20210528_165141.jpg
which was delivered on Monday.

Impala

Equipment
L3302 prior B2601, prior BX2230
Jan 16, 2021
WI
Nice! Fortunately my dealer is selling them at the price they would normally sell them at, regardless of the shortage. It was worth the wait for me because of the price....well almost haha.

Diamond Jim

Equipment
4060LE, BX23S, RCR60, OES
May 8, 2021
Nice! Fortunately my dealer is selling them at the price they would normally sell them at, regardless of the shortage. It was worth the wait for me because of the price....well almost haha.
I looked at 2 different dealers. Neither dealer was inflating price. Selling at normal prices. ACtuallly got a little off the BX as they had competing offers.

Impala

Equipment
L3302 prior B2601, prior BX2230
Jan 16, 2021
WI
I looked at 2 different dealers. Neither dealer was inflating price. Selling at normal prices. ACtuallly got a little off the BX as they had competing offers.
Nice! That is what I meant. My dealer usually sells them and Land Pride for good prices and they continue to do so even though they cannot keep up with demand.