BX23s FWD/Rev HST pedal issues

planesandteeth

Equipment
BX23s
Jan 23, 2023
Middle TN
Well, it happened to me; tractor died and wouldn't start. The Fwd/Rev pedal all of a sudden went to "mush" and wouldn't return to neutral or activate the switch to allow the tractor to start. I lubed the daylights out of the zerc fitting for the pedal mechanism, shot silicon spray all over underneath and into the linkages, aggressively wiggled it a few times and it fired right up. Then, it happened a couple other times during the day; the FWD/Rev pedal seemed to go "mushy" and couldn't affirmatively find its center position to start. After wiggling aggressively again, all of a sudden it firms up becomes a new pedal again and boom! Returns to center to allow a start. Its so strange. FWD/Rev pedal either works perfect and rigid like brand new, or at total random it turns totally mushy and wont allow it to start. The linkages are properly lubed, so is it maybe the switch going bad? Maybe the small cylinder under? Not sure why it would sometimes work perfect, then other times leave me stranded. Granted, Im working the tractor very hard jumping in/out with big muddy boots, thick clay mud is/was/has been jammed everywhere, etc.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I suggest checking to see if you are low on hydraulic fluid.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I used to have a BX2350. Near to when I sold it I had a problem like that a couple of times. I seem to remember the pedal could go sideways a little, and it then wouldn't push the drive all the way - I ended up feeling like the tractor was going half speed. It's been a while, but I think there was enough play that it could somehow get a little off to one side.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
totally unrelated but....
check the oil level in the front axle (yellow plug, top left side )...
everyone so far has been 'empty' !