BX23S Backhoe Black Bucket or BBB

Tchess450

Equipment
BX23S with 60inch deck. implements, blade, forks, spreader, and more.
Jun 18, 2018
Pa
Just signed up and wanted to say hello to all. I also had a question got new Bx23s and the backhoe bucket is black, and not orange like every other Bx23s. I haven’t called the dealer, I can see the poor lady at the desk going this guy is crazy. Does anyone know the dealer process, and how I could have gotten a black bucket?

Bucket is much better built to the eyes, and little bigger then the orange bucket.

Close up of tag and bucket added.

Attachments

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Re: Hello, with question

I don't think I would necessarily stress over the color of the bucket or how you ended up with a black one :D If it's better quality then I would count that as a bonus. Half the paint on the bucket is gonna wear off anyway after a bit of use.

Black is easier to touch up then the orange paint as well. :D

Tchess450

Equipment
Jun 18, 2018
Pa

I am not to stressed. Lol. More curious Of the process, can a dealer order the backhoe with out a bucket, then install any bucket they chose? Black paint very easy to touch up vs that Orange.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ

Tchess,

WELCOME!

FYI... The dark grey parts of your tractor are made in Japan. That's the drive train, front axle, tranny and rear axle with 3-point. All the orange stuff is made here in the US of A. That includes the FEL and backhoe parts. I bet they got behind in the paint shop and the bucket you got was one the manufacturer sells as a "replacement" bucket, in black. Black is not the correct primer for Kubota Orange II. The correct primer is light light gray. So it wasn't shipped without paint. Sounds like, except for the color, you lucked out with a bigger-better "boo-kay!"

As has been stated, the buckets take a beating. If it really makes you crazy, you can blow a couple rattle cans of Kubota Orange II on it, and have a little for touch-up.

Choices... choices.

Tchess450

Equipment
Jun 18, 2018
Pa

Thanks ray. That is what I was after. I feel like I lucked out on the bucket becuase it is much thicker. I don’t really care about the color, my attchments range from all colors, becuase I got them all used other then pallet forks.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ

You're among friends. We won't tell. I hear black is the new orange anyway. Lol...

:)

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

Just signed up and wanted to say hello to all. I also had a question got new Bx23s....
Judging by your inverted picture..... you must be from Australia..... aka "the land down under":D

Tchess450

Equipment
Jun 18, 2018
Pa

I could not find out how to rotate it:eek:. Maybe I will look next time I am on a computer. Or maybe that is how far I dug. Lol.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
My old BX23 (2006) came with a black bucket as well. Wonder if it's actually a Gannon bucket rather than a Kubota bucket? Always thought the Gannon's were thicker.

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
Did you happen to order a different width? I'm thinking if say a 12" bucket is the norm, they would all be orange. If you ordered a 16", the dealer could have swapped it out before delivery. They might have a different supplier besides Kubota for some parts.
Either way, it's just paint. Start digging and get it dirty!

(I have no idea what the normal bucket size should be, just throwing out numbers)

Tchess450

Equipment
Jun 18, 2018
Pa
After asking around local, it seems the dealer swaps these on all BXs (at least) from what I am being told it is cheaper for the dealer, and they like that bucket better then factory Kubota bucket. Thanks for the replies guys/ladies.