BX23S 50hr First Service - Cost..?

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
How much is the first 50hr service (USA)
And what do they do... are your dealers doing everything per the maint manual...?
Did some dealers go above and beyond for you...???? If so, what did they do extra for you.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Should be the same as a BX25D. I think the 50 is a biggie. Filters and fluids.

Im going to have my local dealer perform it since I bought the machine from Barlows. Kind of sharing the money and try to stay on friendly terms....

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
Messicks sells a set of filters for around $40. Oil, hydraulic fluid...another $150 tops. Dealer cost... depends on what they charge per hour. Probably a couple of hours. Make sure they replace the crush washer on the hydraulic drain plug and I'd want pictures of the screen.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Like the man said DIY, 2 reasons for this,,
1. KNOWLEDGE
you get to know your machine, granted there are things most cat do at home and need to go to the shop,, BUT most things you can do in the garage, just take your time and you can do it.

2 MONEY,,
yeah I understand you might like to keep your money local,, but in your pocket is better. And really if you have ever changed oil in your car you can do the service, its not rocket science. Just good old common sense and any questions or concerns you may have, post them and someone can walk you through them. And when its done you can step back and say,, man that wasnt to bad at all:D