BX2380 Tipping Point

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
2021 BX2380 w/ a plethora of attachments
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Cutting my ditch for the first time this weekend and I'd like to maybe know the tipping point prior to finding out the hard way. I left the box blade on to keep weight lower down and was leaning heavily but still makes ya nervous. I'm probably 10 degrees away from it but it was sketchy none the less...

However I'd like to take the boxblade off as the corner dug a couple times but I'm thinking I might need to add wheel weights and front weights to replace the boxblade counterbalance?

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yes, one of those 'gotta be there to 'feel' the motion' ...but it doesn't look that bad.
The issue for me is how WET is the grass and soil /the closer you get to the 'water line' the easier it is to get the lower tires 'sucked in', then it's interesting....

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
yes, one of those 'gotta be there to 'feel' the motion' ...but it doesn't look that bad.
The issue for me is how WET is the grass and soil /the closer you get to the 'water line' the easier it is to get the lower tires 'sucked in', then it's interesting....
I agree it doesn’t look that bad. BUT you never know until after the fact.
Cutting my ditch for the first time this weekend and I'd like to maybe know the tipping point prior to finding out the hard way. I left the box blade on to keep weight lower down and was leaning heavily but still makes ya nervous. I'm probably 10 degrees away from it but it was sketchy none the less...

However I'd like to take the boxblade off as the corner dug a couple times but I'm thinking I might need to add wheel weights and front weights to replace the boxblade counterbalance?
Post #15 in this thread show where my limit is. BUT I have four foam filled tires that are quite heavy.

Air filled tires? Much less angle.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
If it would make you feel better consider having your tires filled with beet juice. That seems to be the least corrosive and most environmentally friendly fill at the moment.

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
Do you have rear wheel spacers? I added 2" ones on my BX231 (which should be about as big as your 2380, but with smaller wheels), and the difference is remarkable.

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
2021 BX2380 w/ a plethora of attachments
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
All great suggestions. Yeah it probably wasn't that bad but rather not roll my $25K investment. Low and slow I think is the ticket. Thanks All and thanks @Henro for the alternate discussion post to review.

dieselbob69

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 (previously a BX1870 and GR2100)...
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
yeah, the BX2380 is way more nerve racking when mowing areas like the op's pictures than my BX1870 ever was, same thing with moving things with loader without the ballast box. I'm definitely looking into spacers and loading the rear tires if I keep it...

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Maybe do it in 'strips' Cut a strip, then let the sun dry up the ground. Next day ,repeat.
The idea is to let the ground firm up so less chance of getting stuck or rolling over.
Be neat to have a 50's style sickle bar to cut the ditch....