BX2380 Running, will not turn off

dodoclub

Equipment
BX2380,Front End Loader, 60 inch belly mower, Land Pride Box Blade, Woods Tiller
Sep 17, 2019
Mooresville, NC
My 2019 BX2380 was running fine. When I went to put it up. the key would not turn it off. There seems to be no electric at all now. No lights, gauges, etc. Tractor was running. Pulled all fuses, nothing. Disconnected battery. Nothing. I found a wire on the right side that was broken. I am guessing a stick got into it and broke it. Any ideas

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I had a similar issue once on a BX. Could not shut the tractor off. Fuse was blown on the stop solenoid. I had to place a ziptie thru the flange so i could manually shut the engine off by pulling it closed. After that, I found that the stop solenoid fuse was bad. Took a while to figure out because the fuse panel had the fuse number/locations mis-labeled.

First, check the battery. Then repair the broken wire. Check battery connections and start working your way down the circuit. Then see if you have juice to the fuse panel. If not, it could be that the 50 amp slow blow fuse is toast.

see attached pics. You can also see the full wiring diagrams at:

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

Attachments

Last edited:

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Same problem with BX2370, Used machine for several small jobs, didn't run long enough to recharge battery. These engines once running no longer need the battery. The stop solenoid blocks the air intake - choking the engine. That's why you hear a click about 10 seconds after turning the key off. You can manually press on the solenoid linkage to stop the engine, but you need to return to garage or storage shed, won't restart with dead battery.

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Same problem with BX2370, Used machine for several small jobs, didn't run long enough to recharge battery. These engines once running no longer need the battery. The stop solenoid blocks the air intake - choking the engine. That's why you hear a click about 10 seconds after turning the key off. You can manually press on the solenoid linkage to stop the engine, but you need to return to garage or storage shed, won't restart with dead battery.
i7win7,

WRONG ! ! ! ! The stop solenoid shuts off the FUEL, NOT the air intake.

Dave