BX2380 needs to hook up 12 volt, 7.0 amp to pull behind sprayer.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
But. the tractor is 100% original wiring ! That can add value when resold. Some prefer OEM to butchered wiring... BTW my 4 chnl RF relay box is wired with bullets for past 2 year, even powerwashing has had ZERO failures.
Quality 'Bullet' connectors work great, virtually every motorcycle foreign and domestic have them. Used 1,000s of them in industrial locations, like gawdawful BOF at STELCO.....ZERO issues.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I use the rear bullets on my BX2380 to power a bunch of LED lights....winter snowstorms, snowblowing in subzero temps etc. scorching summer days with grass flying. All seems good so far, 1 yr in.

I contemplated hacking them off too, but they seemed like they were 'pretty good quality', so I left them on.

I don't really care about resale, but it'll make it easier to troubleshoot for me, my son, Kubota dealership, next owner, whatever...if I leave all the original wiring in place.

If there's ever an issue, I know my way around a multimeter and crimping tool and could easily bypass or install a different connector.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
There's a difference between "hacking off wires" and installing a weather Pack or other automotive style plug. Bullet connectors are garbage. Especially when your talking about repeated connecting and disconnecting if them. You never see that sort of hokie connectors used anywhere else. Not automotive, construction, heavy equipment or otherwise. It's really a cop out on kubotas part. Cheap and works well enough so long as it's not used hard.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
When I did remote energy control systems, it was a near everyday 'thing', to pop the cover off the rooftop HVAC stats and see 'interesting' wiring......A 6 conductor cable can do 99.44% of all installs, but alas, the high paid HVAC guy on one job used THREE, 2 conductor cables(blk,wht) for each of the 4 units.
I don't miss SOME of the good ol' dayze....

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I just reread parts of this thread and see the "disconnect" (no pun intended) between some of our opinions.

So, my lights are plugged in and have never been unplugged (from the bullets).

If I had to unhook and hook up (even a few times a year) an implement to this 12vdc source, then yes, the bullets are not ideal for sure and they make much better connectors for that purpose.

Surely we're all happy now?

Tractor on folks. . . .

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
I have worked on a ton of stuff over the years and seen some crazy wiring but one of the best was when I started doing work on freeze drier's that would run a million dollars worth of product at a time usually for five to fourteen days and the master electrician had extension cords running 110 power to the control circuits. One weekend some cleaning folks unplugged one of the cords and we almost lost a million dollars worth of product. They all got hard wired shortly after that.

Reactions: 1 user