Bx2380 loader block issues

gasman

Equipment
2380 loader ,blade
Sep 16, 2011
delawere us
Does any else have this issued the coupler closest to you leaking
It actually flexes up and down when you dump the bucket all the way
I'm going to try and attach video. It only will let me do screen shots sorry IMG_3141.MOV

Attachments

gasman

Equipment
2380 loader ,blade
Sep 16, 2011
delawere us
Does anyone else's loader fittings flex up and down when you
Are working the loader on the 80 series

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm going to say something is wrong, but that's mostly a WAG, since your pictures are about the size of a stamp and you need to upload the video to a site like You Tube and then give us a link to it. ;)

Use a photo edit program to, one, put them in the right oriantation, Iphones always mess up photos that are loaded directly to forums (it's not us it all forums), and to make them a size that's readable.

Most likely either something is loose or the lines are routed wrong and pulling on the block.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
gasman

I am not familiar with your hydraulic line setup. Does it have a name?

It looks like one lever couples and uncouples all 4 hoses.

Could you plse. post a photo with the tractor off and you standing back so more of the tractor can be seen.

Dave

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I know where is splitting, you need to make a video further back and from other angles to show us what else could be moving and pulling the lines. ;)

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
My thoughts. Detach the loader so you can get a good look at the quick coupling, you will also be able to take pics/video a lot better. The coupler is only locked down in the center, perhaps the housing and mounting plate has flexed already. It appears that one of your orings is leaking, if it is not seated in it's groove correctly it will allow fluid to exert pressure where it shouldn't and leak (however it may be the adjustment as noted later). When you disconnect the coupler, run a straight edge along each half to ensure they are true. Replace orings if accessible/necessary, re-seat and retest if all straight, then look at the adjustment.
Adjustment - EDIT: (May be no adjustment as noted below)
If Kubota designed it with some thought, they will have put a rotating offset pin in the coupling to allow for wear and proper clamping. So the center locking pin (or the bottom clamping pin) may well be offset and adjustable, you will have to unlock the lock nut and rotate the pin to allow some adjustment. If they didn't put an offset pin, they may have put a slot to slide the pin up/down. This will allow the coupling to be set so the it clamps into place completely. Hopefully you don't have a warped housing, and Kubota has made the clamping force adjustable.
If it's not straight, I expect someone may have reversed out too far when removing the loader. Or it could be a design fault and be of insufficient strength. Hopefully some adjustment will fix it.
EDIT: I've just managed to have a look at a parts diagram for one of these, and from what I can see, (difficult from diagrams) it appears that they are neither off center pins or slotted, so they may not be adjustable. If that's the case and yours is warped, speak to the dealer and see what they come up with. Good luck. YMMV.

Last edited:

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
There is no adjustment on this rapid coupler and they shift under pressure by nature. Roll your loader off, disconnect coupler and clean male tips with brake cleaner. Check male tips for any damage to their mating surfaces. Run engine and cycle loader valve several times, checking to see if the male tip leaks.

If the male tip leaks with the coupler disconnected, you can replace just the tip. If it only leaks with couplers connected, then the upper female assembly will need to be replaced.

If your tractor is under warranty, take it to your dealer as the rapid coupler is stupid expensive.

Pboerschlein

Equipment
BX23s and gravely’s
Apr 9, 2018
Creedmoor nc
Hello, I have a BX23S that has 18 hrs on it and I have the exact same issue, when I roll the bucket the back of the block separates and I have a leak. I am getting the block to replace. What ever happened to yours? is it fixed.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
My BX23S loader block started leaking after the first year. I contacted my dealer and the replaced the top block and it had been fine since.
It is now leaking again. Badly. I felt the top line of the cam lock and it feels like it is wearing where it locks. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a slight groove there or not but I'm wondering if that can be the issue. Not sure if these pictures will show what i am seeing but, here they are. If anyone has a newer bx80 series tractor, maybe they could check this area to see if theirs shows this potential wear.

If it needs to be replaced, that sucks but, is what it is.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk