BX2380 50 Hour Service

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Lotsa YouTube videos showing all the fluid changes, etc. for a 50 hour service, but the owner's manual chart only shows changing the engine oil and filter and the transmission filter (not the fluid). So... should I just follow the manual, or should I go the full route?
Also, if I want to just change the tranny filter, how much fluid will I likely lose when removing the filter?

TxTom

Equipment
L3301
Sep 16, 2022
Leon County, Tx
I just changed the trans filter only on my L3301 and almost filled up a 6 quart bucket I put under it. I had enough on hand to replace that fluid but you can strain and re-use it if necessary as long as the hours of use are within recommendations.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Lotsa YouTube videos showing all the fluid changes, etc. for a 50 hour service, but the owner's manual chart only shows changing the engine oil and filter and the transmission filter (not the fluid). So... should I just follow the manual, or should I go the full route?
Also, if I want to just change the tranny filter, how much fluid will I likely lose when removing the filter?

Jim,

the ONE part of this puzzle is the suction side screen - IT should be cleaned at 50 hours......
Now to do this requires some magic or patience or both.

There are ways to keep from loosing a lot of oil as this is pulled out - but, for the time and energy - go AHEAD and empty all the oils (engine and hydraulic) and clean THAT filter well - replace all filters and date and hour them.

Also check the front axle - it too is known to be low!!!

This way - everything is good to go and when 200 hours come around ........ you will know that it has had the best service possible.

Reactions: 3 users