BX2370 Noise

racerjohnbf

Equipment
BX2370
Jun 25, 2021
Virginia
Thank you to all who have responded so far!

Everything on the tractor works fine, all hydraulics seem to have plenty of power.

The only "issue" I have with the tractor is this noise. And if the consensus comes back that it is nothing to worry about, I'm good with that. That would be great in fact. I just don't want to keep using it if it is a sign of a problem coming on that could turn into a bigger problem, if that makes sense.

Posting a video is actually easier than I thought it would be if you have google account. You just upload to youtube and copy and paste the link here. You can even keep the video private, so it can only be viewed from the link. I'm sure someone can explain it better than I did, but it was pretty easy.

I found this post from 2011, his noise seemed similar to mine at about the 6 minute mark in the video.

Last edited:

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Hydro whine is pretty normal, I have several old cub cadets that range from a mild whine to flat out annoying. By comparison my neighbors bx is about mid range between my 1450 and 782. The first being the annoying one the 782 being mild. It's a lot noisier then the b7510 I picked up a few weeks ago. I have no comparison for larger kubotas as the two I'm around most are gear drive tractors.

Reactions: 1 user

racerjohnbf

Equipment
BX2370
Jun 25, 2021
Virginia
Hydro whine is pretty normal, I have several old cub cadets that range from a mild whine to flat out annoying. By comparison my neighbors bx is about mid range between my 1450 and 782. The first being the annoying one the 782 being mild. It's a lot noisier then the b7510 I picked up a few weeks ago. I have no comparison for larger kubotas as the two I'm around most are gear drive tractors.
I guess I'm just not used to hearing the hydro whine while not moving or under any load.

As long as everyone says it's normal I guess I'm not gonna worry about it too much lol.

I may eventually pull the roll bar off just to test the tuning fork effect I've read about and see if that quiets it down any. I will put it back on right after though.

Reactions: 1 user