BX2370 - Loader Removal

toeknee2120

Equipment
BX2370
Jul 8, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Hi everyone, I just purchased my first tractor last week and it has been pretty awesome. I also bought a Kubota Front Loader (don't remember exact model #) and a Land Pride Shredder.

I mainly use this tractor for cutting the grass, and wanted to remove the loader and was trying to follow the steps in this video. But, when I do, the loader doesn't seem to come off at the area circled in this picture . Any tips for removing it?

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
My new bx2670 had the same problem. The cradle is real tight, had to get a pry bar to get it off. After the 3rd time of fighting it, I took a die grinder and removed all the paint from the round slot/cradle and lubed it with grease. It's still tight but comes off now with a little shakeing. I suspect it will get looser as time goes by.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
After the kickstand is down and the pins are removed, I push the joystick left and down, or down and left. Kind of back and forth between the 2. It should not lift the front wheels off the ground. I only due that when putting it back on. But make sure both arms are in place, don't ask.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Assuming it is not stuck, remembering how to run the bucket, make like you raise the bucket a little and also tilt the lip up some. these should lift the pin out of the grip. You may have to back up a little in the process. Run the joy stick around to relieve pressure if you can't un- connect hoses, but not much or you change bucket position..

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
The instructions in your owners manual are very well written.
Did you get the manual, or haven,t you read it yet ?
If your like most of us, reading the manual is the last resort.

toeknee2120

Equipment
BX2370
Jul 8, 2014
San Antonio, TX
My new bx2670 had the same problem. The cradle is real tight, had to get a pry bar to get it off. After the 3rd time of fighting it, I took a die grinder and removed all the paint from the round slot/cradle and lubed it with grease. It's still tight but comes off now with a little shakeing. I suspect it will get looser as time goes by.
The instructions in your owners manual are very well written.
Did you get the manual, or haven,t you read it yet ?
If your like most of us, reading the manual is the last resort.
I have not read the manual yet, the dealer was supposed to send it to me this week. All I've done is watch multiple YouTube videos on how it's done. Seems fairly straight-forward, so like ipz2222 brought up, I think its stuck and may need some coaxing out with a pry bar. I tried to hammer it out over the weekend, but that didn't work.

Thanks for the replies.

cerlawson

Equipment
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I just got a look at my BX where the loader is off. If it was me I'd have the engine off and with someone sitting in the seat, gears in neutral, "playing" with the control arm while you use the upper removable pin holes to pry with a 3/4" dia. bar between the mounting outside and the inside cylinder. Remember first the whole assembly rotates some on the lower mounting grip to allow the lower pin to come out of that lower grip. It will not go straight up to start due to the shape of the upper pin retaining area. It would seem to me you have enough leverage between the upper support frame and the inner removable cylinder to break loose any tight non-welded grip. Between relieving hydraulic resistance, rolling resistance, and prying, you should get a good start on the removal. First rotate forward a little (half the diameter), before lifting up.

cerlawson

Equipment
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Here are pages from the manual. If you look at the diagram and review instruction 10, you will see a mistake. You will see the attachment part of the arm rotated forward. No way does instruction 10 do that. You have to do a little "lifting" of the arms, by applying pressure to that hydraulic cylinder next to the support area. After you have done that, then the instruction 10 can continue. Otherwise the arms have a "grabbing" half circle that prevents the direct upward movement.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi everyone, I just purchased my first tractor last week and it has been pretty awesome. I also bought a Kubota Front Loader (don't remember exact model #) and a Land Pride Shredder.

I mainly use this tractor for cutting the grass, and wanted to remove the loader and was trying to follow the steps in this video. But, when I do, the loader doesn't seem to come off at the area circled in this picture . Any tips for removing it?

toe here is another good video :

scroll down three videos

http://www.messicks.com/blog/category/Kubota-BX-Series.aspx

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
hokie, I've watched those videos too, that's the way it's supposed to work. But when 1 side sticks, it's a pain to get off.
I have NOT had the pleasure YET, I am sure I will invent NEW cuss words when that time comes !:eek:

toeknee2120

Equipment
BX2370
Jul 8, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Here are pages from the manual. If you look at the diagram and review instruction 10, you will see a mistake. You will see the attachment part of the arm rotated forward. No way does instruction 10 do that. You have to do a little "lifting" of the arms, by applying pressure to that hydraulic cylinder next to the support area. After you have done that, then the instruction 10 can continue. Otherwise the arms have a "grabbing" half circle that prevents the direct upward movement.
toe here is another good video :

scroll down three videos

http://www.messicks.com/blog/category/Kubota-BX-Series.aspx
Just catching up on these posts. Thanks for the images cerlawson. I called the dealer last week and they told me the manual was mailed to me, but I never received it. Still waiting on it.

I'll also check out the videos 85Hokie posted. I didn't try anything this weekend since I was busy doing other things, but maybe I'll give it a go this evening.

Goose973

Equipment
BX2370, loader, belly mower, box blade
Jul 30, 2014
Eastern PA
New guy here, both to the forum and to the Kubota world. I've had my BX2370 since September, 2013 and have found a couple of things that make the loader attachment/removal easier/harder.

1. I try to always attach/remove the loader on a smooth surface-like the floor of a garage or shed. I had a big project on my hands when I tried to remove the loader on the lawn. One side would come out, and the other wouldn't.

2. I found that I need to make sure that the brake is NOT engaged once I have put the tractor's front wheels down on the ground again after pulling the two pins. The ability to let the tractor move a little bit during the process of curling/dumping the bucket to get the loader to come out of those attachment points made a HUGE difference in how easily the loader comes off and goes back on.

Once I figured out these two things, I have been able to put on or take off the loader in just a couple of minutes.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
After the kickstand is down and the pins are removed, I push the joystick left and down, or down and left. Kind of back and forth between the 2. It should not lift the front wheels off the ground. I only due that when putting it back on. But make sure both arms are in place, don't ask.
I was having trouble until I read the post quoted above. Down and to the left works for me.

jasonTDI

Equipment
May 31, 2014
Dunn, WI
Whatever you do make sure it LEVEL. You may get it off but hooking back up won't happen without two people. Mine is on and off weekly for mowing. I can do it in about 2 min.