Bx2370-1

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
Bx2370-1 delivered today! 54" deck, special order and it had 0.4 hours on delivery. Hodges stabilizer bars on order. I sold the old JD 2210 'cause it was worn out. I know it didn't happen without pictures so I will try to post some tomorrow morning. This machine will be a dedicated mowing machine. With any luck (and proper maintenance) it will last me until I don't want to mow any more! I sold the L3800 because it was just more machine than I needed. First up will be a WSM and parts list. And suggestions are welcome for my new BX machine! Ed B

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Bx2370-1 delivered today! 54" deck, special order and it had 0.4 hours on delivery. Hodges stabilizer bars on order. I sold the old JD 2210 'cause it was worn out. I know it didn't happen without pictures so I will try to post some tomorrow morning. This machine will be a dedicated mowing machine. With any luck (and proper maintenance) it will last me until I don't want to mow any more! I sold the L3800 because it was just more machine than I needed. First up will be a WSM and parts list. And suggestions are welcome for my new BX machine! Ed B
congrats!

I know you will love the new machine....
so the ol' JD was worn out?......how many hours ya say? 200 ?:p;)

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
The 10 year old JD had 550 hours on it. Between the wife and kids who didn't want to cut grass it had a hard life. It still cut just fine but I didn't feel comfortable that it would last. Had the engine rebuilt at 500 hours and it still burnt oil... I'll keep the keys locked up on this one! I'll try to get a couple pictures up this morning.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Bx2370-1 delivered today! 54" deck, special order and it had 0.4 hours on delivery. Hodges stabilizer bars on order.
And suggestions are welcome for my new BX machine! Ed B
Why the Hodges Stabilizers? Do you have some implements your not telling us about? :)

Some of the popular upgrades are "rear wheel spacers" for stability if you operate on slopes, and a "Quick Hitch" for the 3-point.

http://www.landpride.com/products/630/qh05-quick-hitches
http://www.bro-tek.com/wheel_spacers/

Enjoy!

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
Implements: 42" mechanical tiller, landscape rake, pine straw rake, box blade. The Hodges stabilizer bars just work so good and I don't like the doggone turnbuckles. I like the idea of the wheel spacers and will probably get some before grass cutting season starts. And the quick hitch looks like a heck of a time saver.

Last edited:

esloser

Equipment
working on BX1870-1
Oct 30, 2015
Millville, NJ
Didn't happen unless there are pictures!!!

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Implements: 42" mechanical tiller, landscape rake, pine straw rake, box blade. The Hodges stabilizer bars just work so good and I don't like the doggone turnbuckles. I like the idea of the wheel spacers and will probably get some before grass cutting season starts. And the quick hitch looks like a heck of a time saver.
If you plan to take the deck off I would get a skid plate to protect the underside, I went with a BXpanded model. Also love the Hodge stabilizers, way better than the factory put on mine.