BX2370-1 w/Hodges Bars

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
What do the Hodges Bars do for you?
I would think the quick hitch/connector (like Pat's http://www.pats3pointhitchsystem.com/page/7229) would be more useful - or maybe a combination of the two.

Not trying to put down your purchase - just want to understand how helpful those Bars are.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
They make adjustments so much easier than the turnbuckles whether you have PATS or not. I have them on both our BXs.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
If I may, I will respond in reference to telescoping stabilizers in general, over turnbuckles.
I just built stabilizers for two different customers who had broken their turnbuckles. That isn't uncommon, and neither is stretched threads. With turnbuckles, only one side holds the load- the side that is being pulled against. The other side does nothing, due to the loose mounting system, and the nature of a turnbuckle. Telescoping stabilizers, on the other hand, hold both under tension (pulling), and compression. So, both sides keep the load stationary, making the system stronger and less prone to damage. A quick hitch has no effect on that- it depends on the stabilizers to hold it stationary. So, while a quick hitch could make telescoping stabilizers unnecessary because a person isn't having to adjust them when changing implements, the weaker design still has a bearing on how the system holds up. Telescoping stabilizers, in conjunction with a quick hitch, is a simple to use system, that is also stronger.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Telescoping stabilizers, in conjunction with a quick hitch, is a simple to use system, that is also stronger.
Bumpkin - you heard it from the manufacturer himself!!:D

If I did more 3ph work, I would order a set in a minute. I have heard nothing but great things about Hodge's great product!:D

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
The only regret I have with Hodges stabilizers is, I wish I had ordered them sooner. :)

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Thanks for explaining Hodge. I'm learning something new every day on this site.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Where can someone find more information about these? I found a link to your video on youtube. It referenced your website. However, when I attempted to go to your website, it says that specific website is for sale? Did you change your url, or are you no longer taking orders for these. I would at least like to see what is available, for what model tractors and cost. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Where can someone find more information about these? I found a link to your video on youtube. It referenced your website. However, when I attempted to go to your website, it says that specific website is for sale? Did you change your url, or are you no longer taking orders for these. I would at least like to see what is available, for what model tractors and cost. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I no longer have a website, but you can PM me here, or email me at markhdg@gmail.com.

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
What do the Hodges Bars do for you?
I would think the quick hitch/connector (like Pat's http://www.pats3pointhitchsystem.com/page/7229) would be more useful - or maybe a combination of the two.

Not trying to put down your purchase - just want to understand how helpful those Bars are.
No offense taken. And of course Mark answered your question much better than me. His stabilizer bars are top end and you will not deal with a better person! After 10 years of use the turnbuckles on my old tractor were unusable. Adjustable stabilizer bars should be standard equipment. Do yourself a favor, get a set, and never look back. Ed B

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
If you can't find them, any welding shop can do the job for you. Or, with a little equipment why not make your own? I'd size up what equipment will be attached and set the hole pattern accordingly. I'd opt for quick hitch for most of the the time even with those bars in use there. However in my experience of some 20 years for non farm use in the woods and big gardens, I never had any turnbuckle problems.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Before Iknew about hodges, I built my own. Got tired of all the time it took to hook things up. Sorry,, I don't have time to build anymore.