chriscozi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S 3rdFunction TerraKingBagger 4ftBoxBlade 5ftPlowBlade 3ptQuickHitch
Nov 26, 2020
Rutland VT
www.sugarwoodschool.org
Hi all,
Sorry if this has been asked and answered.
When I take off my backhoe I have all three connections available for other attachments.
I should be able to add a 1 or 2 valve open center assembly and connect it to top and tilt cylinders, correct?
I think Kubota should offer this as a kit.

Your thoughts and comments?

chriscozi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 26, 2020
Rutland VT
www.sugarwoodschool.org
Wow. With the weekend and all the top link and third function posts on this forum I assumed my post would get a quick reply.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
You want to use the backhoe hoses connected to a valve that is removable, to operate t&t while hoe is removed?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Hi all,
Sorry if this has been asked and answered.
When I take off my backhoe I have all three connections available for other attachments.
I should be able to add a 1 or 2 valve open center assembly and connect it to top and tilt cylinders, correct?
I think Kubota should offer this as a kit.

Your thoughts and comments?
Kubota did many years ago, and I have the one that I removed from my BX22, because the valve failed. It is available as a non working part. Open to offers.

KUBOTA BX REAR HYDRAULIC REMOTE KIT BX7322

There is one listed on eBay for the last year or so.

Last edited:

chriscozi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 26, 2020
Rutland VT
www.sugarwoodschool.org
Kubota did many years ago, and I have the one that I removed from my BX22, because the valve failed. It is available as a non working part. Open to offers.

Thanks.
Good they used to sell one but why not have one on the machine as an option like on the front where I have the third function? It's already plumbed to the rear for the backhoe.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Kubota sells a 'deal rear remote kit', levers fill that empty slot in the right fender.......
They do for the BX23S, but not for the BX23. I am assuming that since he refers to his machine as a BX23, that it is about 16+ years old, and most of the kits that were sold for those machines are not obsolete. The kit for the rear remotes for a BX23S is $1000+. I have been considering it for my tractor, however, I don't believe that it is worthwhile for me, since I wouldn't use it very often.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Wouldn’t a 2 spool valve and some hoses do this?

Connect valve to backhoe hookups(hoses and quick connects), t&t to each spool. Hardest part would be making the valve sturdy, and easily removable.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
in his 'equipment list, 1st item is a BX23S...so I assumed that's what he wanted it for...
at $1000, not a bad deal for something 'plug and play'.....

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Kubota did many years ago, and I have the one that I removed from my BX22, because the valve failed. It is available

It IS possible to install that kit on a
in his 'equipment list, 1st item is a BX23S...so I assumed that's what he wanted it for...
at $1000, not a bad deal for something 'plug and play'.....
Does it fit the BX23s? On the older BX24 and BX25 you couldn't install it du to interference with the backhoe frame. I did cut away enough of the frame on my BX24 to install it but I don't really recommend it because of the weakening that results. ( I rarely use my BH but I do use the remote valve fairly often)

hoening

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL,BH,& Snowblower, York Rake, Box Scraper
Jan 2, 2011
Cary, IL
It IS possible to install that kit on a

Does it fit the BX23s? On the older BX24 and BX25 you couldn't install it du to interference with the backhoe frame. I did cut away enough of the frame on my BX24 to install it but I don't really recommend it because of the weakening that results. ( I rarely use my BH but I do use the remote valve fairly often)
The Kubota rear remote kit will not fit a BX23s due to the backhoe frame. removing part of the frame would be an option but???