BX23 quick disconnect leaks..

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Recently my 4 hose/ quick disconnect for the FEL is weeping oil ...

Everything is tight

I take the loader off once a week to cut the grass... and also to stay in practice for the procedure of taking the thing on and off.

Anyone else have a problem with these quick push connects leaking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Al my pioneer couplers on my M's leak a bit. I ignore it. it.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Ok thanks
After sniffing around today.. after I power washed everything to try to make an attempt to see where it was leaking....

I discovered it might have been operator error.

When you go to connect the valve clamp connection....
#1 shut the tractor off
#2 wiggle the handle to release and pressure in the lines ...

I think my problem was it wasn’t seating properly due to pressure in one or more of the four lines.

The connection closes a lot easier with the tractor off and the pressure released

At least I’m hoping that was the problem...

Seems to be fine so far but time will tell.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
On the bright side,
Since I had the power washer out

I blasted off the old Zephyr

And ran the dogs around the yard for a bit....

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Geez John, love to see your dogs’ pictures....Daren has GS also...
My Boxer had a little mast cell tumor taken off his leg yesterday. All went well, but he was groggy when I brought him home last night.
Can’t imagine being without him....but at 8 years, time is coming....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Your Boxer will do well if you feed him well. My Weimaraners passed at 15 & 16, and my mini dachshund is 19 3/4, but is starting to slow down. I just hope that we can hold onto her till winter.

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
You might try bleeding the pressure off of the lines after you shut it off. Makes it much easier to change. If they still leak, change the female side. It has small seals in there that do wear out over time. A little seepage is normal, but from your pics, that is a bit much.
The difference between normal and needs addressed would be an oil film or residue on the tractor-normal. Leaving drips on the ground- a leak. For some a drip or two on the ground is fine. For others, it is time to overhaul the tractor to fix the leak. I am personally somewhere in the middle.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Yup. Mine does the same.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Did you happen to UP the hydraulic pressure on yours?

I shimmed mine up.... pretty close to 2000 lbs... can't remember exactly.... I'll have to put the gauge on it and check....

But I'm wondering if that is why it's leaking...

I was using it today and it's still leaking...

GordonE

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 21, 2017
Carleton Place ont canada
John

I had the same problem on my BX2380 purchased in May of 2017. In the first year I had the FEL on and off about 10 times and twice the quick coupler leaked oil. The amount was drops per day once and a drop per minuite the other time. To correct I usually removed the FEL and re-installed. Usually the leakage stopped.

I had my BX into the dealer for some other work and asked my salesman about the leakage problem. He said there was a service bulletin about the leakage.

The bulletin was not a mandatory recall just if the customer complains. They changed the coupler. No leakage now but I have not had the FEL on and off much.

rokhunter

Equipment
BX23S TLB
Dec 28, 2018
Baker, Florida, United States
Did you happen to UP the hydraulic pressure on yours?

I shimmed mine up.... pretty close to 2000 lbs... can't remember exactly.... I'll have to put the gauge on it and check....

But I'm wondering if that is why it's leaking...

I was using it today and it's still leaking...
No mods, mine is 100% stock, and 6 months/60 hours old.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

zoombats

Equipment
B8200, BX23S
Feb 2, 2019
penetanguishene ontario Canada
I realise this thread is older but I had to post my situation. I have read many accounts of BX23S owners having this problem. Mine was a late 2017 so by the time I took mine in, with 80 hours it it was six years old and not covered by warranty. My service, Stewarts in ontario quoted me a $350.00 repair and it ended up costing $800 plus. The dealer in their defence did try to pursue Kubota on behave of a few of us having the same problem but they stuck to the five years 100 hour policy. This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have another later bx23 at my winter residence, with no leaks and two B8200 hundreds, still running that I have had for thirty years. I guess the point I am making here is that I should have taken the bx in three years ago when I first noticed the leak. But no, I have to be a believer in Kubota having some kind of loyalty. Bull shit I say. My bx23 with the problem lives in a garage all year and mostly cuts grass in the summer with the hoe and loader stored inside hence the low hours. I have to pay the $800 even though I have my tractor because I don't need credit assholes harassing me.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Sorry ZB had the bad experience. My 2018 BX23S broke the cross tube-loader arm weld this summer. Obvious manufacturing defect but 5 years /1100 hours made it 'out of warranty' according to the dealer ( Galer). new loader frame is $2500, so off to neighbour to weld it up,2 hours later I was reassembling all the bits and pieces, 4 hours laterer, back digging and loading.
Couple days later I emailed Canada Corporate Kubota, as it WAS an obvious bad weld caused the failure. two hours later get call from Galer that my account had a nice increase in balance ! I asked him if it was Corporate Cash or Galer Greens, he said 'corporate'.
So I've had good luck with Kubota. Dealer even had the joystick gimbal in stock,when the original BROKE 2 months ago.

I didn't buy the BX23S to cut grass, so loader has been off ONCE, though I've seen many reports of leaks, mine doesn't.