BX2230 Documentation/Dos and Don'ts

danmaj

Jul 20, 2011
NE Illinois
So, I'm closing on a house next week and I'm buying the current home owners BX2230 with FEL, grass catcher, slow blower and 60"mmm. This is my first tractor. I have done some work on farms as a kid and did help hool up some implements, but never did much operating and still consider myself very green. Are there manuals I can download from somewhere. I'm really interested in reading up about the do's and don'ts. The owner is going to go over everything with my, but he will undoubtedly forget to tell me some things and I will undoubtedly forget something he tells me (actually planning to take some serious notes).

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
Congrats on the house and new tractor.
Here's a few tips:

Don't drive with the loader high in the air if you've got a load.
Do use the roll over bar and seatbelt as often as possible.
Don't drive on too steep of an angle.
Do check your fluid levels everytime before running the tractor.
Don't turn corners when you have the differential lock on.
Do ask questions, we're here to help.
*most important*
Do post pictures!

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Welcome to the family.

I an so glad they threw in the house on your purchase of your tractor ;)

The one important thing I have learned so far is when the "Pucker Factor" starts going up, listen to it. I failed once to listen to it and was very lucky there ended up being no harm other than a burised ego.

And yes DO post pictures.

Congrats on your new tractor.....and house :)

danmaj

Jul 20, 2011
NE Illinois
Thanks for the replies guys. Your tips have been noted. So it looks like there is a market for selling Kubota manuals? I thought they would simply be available for download, but unfortunately that does not seem to be the case. Am I missing something? Would a Kubota dealer give me a set or are they for purchase only? I'm hoping the previous owner has them, but just wanted to study up before taking delivery.

Here is the only picture I have right now of the property down by the river. The top 1.2 acres is where the house sits and then there is a large hill that goes down to the bottom acre by the river. The hill is completely covered by wetlands and requires no upkeep! In fact, it's federally protected and the current home owner explained that he had to jump through a bunch of hoops to be able to dig out a path that he filled with gravel so he could get the tractor down to the bottom acre.