BX2200D Not Starting [Please Help]

badgerwithhands

Equipment
BX2200
Mar 19, 2024
TX
Hey all. New poster. I had run through this thread and others trying to figure out my problem. Short of replacing the injectors or high pressure pump, I ran through the standard things.

I had intermittent fuel issues which drew my to removing and cleaning the tank. Holy moly the amount of crap that made it past the fuel gauge sending unit.

I decided to upgrade to a fuel/water separator. I put the fuel system back as stock to ensure it started and ran. It did.

After I put new fuel lines and the new separator, it wouldn't start.

Long story short, I wasn't getting fuel to the injectors. I saw this video:

Looking through the open solenoid hole, I saw the arm in pump was staying in the shutoff position. I was able to hook it and bring it open and it cleared whatever was blocking it and started to move normal.

No hard lines, crank, fuel firing from pump. Great! Reinstall hard lines, bleed fuel.

Now for the scary part. It fires up and blasts to full throttle like it is running away. Solenoid is out so I use the stop lever to no avail so I shove my hand over the intake manifold and kill it.

Is this possibly the high pressure pump or did the oil pass the seals?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You may get better response if you start a new thread…just a suggestion.

Asking a question at the tail end of an old thread may or may not bring a lot of responses.

badgerwithhands

Equipment
BX2200
Mar 19, 2024
TX
You may get better response if you start a new thread…just a suggestion.

Asking a question at the tail end of an old thread may or may not bring a lot of responses.
I typically would have started that way but I was stuck on this thread being closest up to the extreme rpms issue.