bx2200 with la211 FEL

bissonj

Equipment
bx2200, 54" mower deck, PTO Bagger, Hydraulic plow
Jan 3, 2015
Lakeville, Ma
relocating control valve on an la211 FEL

Hi everyone new to this site, not sure if this is the right spot but I'll try it here. I have a new to me BX2200 W/LA211 FEL. The FEL has the control valve (shuttle) mounted on the loader not the sub frame as the newer models do. As part of the package I bought there is also a BX2751 quick hitch sub frame, and a BX2763 plow blade with hydraulic angle included. Has anyone here already moved the control valve off the FEL to the subframe or some other place so it stays with the tractor when removing the FEL? If someone has already made a bracket or mount that works well could they share? I hate reinventing the wheel :D

Thx
Jay

02 BX2200
LA211 FEL
BX2751 quick hitch
BX2763 Hydraulic angle plow
54" Mower deck
PTO bagger

Last edited:

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Re: relocating control valve on an la211 FEL

This kind of thing is usually done with some variant of U bolts and angle iron...

bissonj

Equipment
Jan 3, 2015
Lakeville, Ma

it's an 02 by SN# and has up-dn pressure with a float position so it should work.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com

it's an 02 by SN# and has up-dn pressure with a float position so it should work.
Not necessarily, check out this post: http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12444&highlight=regen

From post #3:

Read this:

Sounds like the classic "regen" problem. Here is a short article I wrote for the GTT forum a while ago:

Regen is a "feature" of most modern FEL (Front End Loader) valves, it's on the Dump (joystick far right) circuit, and is also referred to as "Fast Dump". The reason it is nice to have is that without it, the weight of a filled bucket can actually "pull" the bucket down faster then the fluid can enter the other side of the cylinder, this will create a air pocket and give the bucket a "floppy" feeling until the joystick is held in the dump mode a few seconds to refill the cylinder pushing the air past the seals. So we add "regen" or "regenerative" function to the valve.

Regen solves this problem by actually filling both sides of the cylinder at the same time with hydraulic fluid. But how will that work you might ask? Well, because there is more volume on the side of the cylinder that extends it since the rod is taking up space in the other side, it "overpowers" the rod side and lets the cylinder extend-thereby dumping the bucket. So since now both sides of the cylinder are "pressurized", the air pocket can not develop, eliminating the "floppy" bucket syndrome. One other added bonus is that the bucket actually dumps faster due to the higher flow rate required to do all this, that's why it's referred to as "fast dump" sometimes.

So, now you may be asking ***8220;This is cool and all that, but why do I need to know about it?***8221; The answer to that is simple, if you ever try to run a snow plow with two SA (single acting) cylinders, or a cylinder that drives a chute rotator on a snowblower you will soon find out that they won***8217;t work if you push the joystick to far right in the regen mode. The plow won***8217;t work because since both lines are pressurized-both cylinders will be trying to extend at the same time binding everything up. The rotator won***8217;t work because there is no weight pushing the cylinder closed like there is on the loader.

On most, if not all John Deere tractors there is a ***8220;lockout***8221; the limits how far the joystick travels to the right to keep it out of the regen mode.
On most newer Kubota's, you have to "push thru" the regen function to get past it (joystick full right). Some of the older models had 3-ways valves so using a plow or chute rotation is impossible

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana
This is great info, glad to have came across it as I plan on running a power angle QT blade on the front of my tractor.

bissonj

Equipment
Jan 3, 2015
Lakeville, Ma

Thx I'll have to check it, the sub frame and plow came with the machine, and was part of the trade in by the previous owner. Worst case I have a friend that owns 2 Kubotas and restores old tractors and he's offered to buy it.

bissonj

Equipment
Jan 3, 2015
Lakeville, Ma

ok ok kennyd4110 once I read that I had to go out to the garage and look (yes my tractor shares a bay with my Harley) the valve is 4way has a detent on the right, as well as float in the far forward position. Model is bx2014 and from what I read online too, it's listed as 4way. So I'm good there. So back to my original question anyone make a bracket to mount to the subframe? Or do I just make metal spacers and mig weld the control barket to the subframe?

Last edited:

GaryL

Equipment
2003 BX2200 - loader, mower, blower, grss collection system
Nov 22, 2014
Holden, MA
From what I have read on the subject, no one makes a 'kit' to do this. It is just about making your own bracket and moving the control valve. I am going to probably tackle this sometime this winter. There are threads mentioning this. I will see if I can find them.

bissonj

Equipment
Jan 3, 2015
Lakeville, Ma

thx I didn't see anything about it thats why I asked. I'll use the fel for snow, and planned on using the blade for regrading the yard in the spring. I guess I'll just make some spacers and weld it to the subframe in the spring. I appreciate all the knowledge and help here.