BX2200 shuts down and blows fuse

BobbyT

Equipment
2000 BX2200
Mar 25, 2017
Belhaven NC
Good evening all. I have a problem with my BX2200 and I hope one of the members of the forum can help. I have been using my tractor all season mowing the lawn and other tasks around the property. I went to crank the tractor to move into my shop to check the mowing deck adjustment and the the engine cranked but only ran for a few seconds and shut down. I tried several times to restart the engine and each time it would try and fire but immediately shut down. I checked the fuses and found the bottom 20amp fuse blown. I replaced the fuse and the same thing happened again. No start and blown fuse. I read a few of the posts on the forum and from what I read it appeared to be a faulty fuel shut off solenoid. Being the cheapskate I am I ordered a cheap piece of crap from Amazon. It arrived today and of course it did absolutely nothing. I took the original solenoid and manually depressed and released the plunger several times reinstalled it and the tractor cranked right up and ran like a charm for about thirty minutes then it stopped and the fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse and it cranked up and ran long enough it make it back my shop. I have checked the wiring and found no chafing at or possible shorting in the wiring. Where do I look next or am I still looking at a bad solenoid? Any input and or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You have a bad stop solenoid.
I bet it's getting hot when you try and use it.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

BobbyT

Equipment
2000 BX2200
Mar 25, 2017
Belhaven NC
Follow up on this post. Bought a new stop solenoid and installed it this afternoon. Tractor fired right up and ran for an about a minute. I got on the tractor and was going to run it around the property. Just as I pulled out of the storage area it shut down and blew the 20 amp I mentioned in the original post. HELP?????? Is it possible the ignition switch is faulty? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

BobbyT

Equipment
2000 BX2200
Mar 25, 2017
Belhaven NC
What circuit is this "20 amp" fuse running that keeps blowing (?)
It’s the circuit the stop solenoid is on (red wire with black tracer)however I solved the mystery today. I removed the ignition switch, disassembled it, cleaned the contacts, reassembled the switch and the tractor seemed to run just fine until I made a rather sudden stop. The tractor shut down and blew the 20 amp fuse. After a few choice words to myself I started looking for chafed wiring or possibly defective safety switches. With the tractor running I folded the seat forward and that’s when I discovered the issue. My tractor has a shade hood with a fan attached to the ROPES bar. The fan wiring is connected to a black (ground) wire and a red with black tracer wire that is present at the rear of the tractor. The insulation on the red/black wire connector had worked loose and the bare metal of the connector made contact with top link attachment point. I repaired the wiring and tractor hasn’t missed a beat.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
sigh.. glad you FOUND the real cause of the problem !
Your post is a great example of having the new 'electrical sticky area'. If I'd seen the wiring diagram, it'd show several things on that 20 amp fuse and we cold point you to check 'this or that'. Sounds like you have a spare solenoid on the shelf now....so the other one will never fail...

BobbyT

Equipment
2000 BX2200
Mar 25, 2017
Belhaven NC
sigh.. glad you FOUND the real cause of the problem !
Your post is a great example of having the new 'electrical sticky area'. If I'd seen the wiring diagram, it'd show several things on that 20 amp fuse and we cold point you to check 'this or that'. Sounds like you have a spare solenoid on the shelf now....so the other one will never fail...
I want to thank those of you that responded for your advice. It’s nice to know that there are folks out there willing to help a fellow Kubota owner.

Reactions: 1 users

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
It’s the circuit the stop solenoid is on (red wire with black tracer)however I solved the mystery today. I removed the ignition switch, disassembled it, cleaned the contacts, reassembled the switch and the tractor seemed to run just fine until I made a rather sudden stop. The tractor shut down and blew the 20 amp fuse. After a few choice words to myself I started looking for chafed wiring or possibly defective safety switches. With the tractor running I folded the seat forward and that’s when I discovered the issue. My tractor has a shade hood with a fan attached to the ROPES bar. The fan wiring is connected to a black (ground) wire and a red with black tracer wire that is present at the rear of the tractor. The insulation on the red/black wire connector had worked loose and the bare metal of the connector made contact with top link attachment point. I repaired the wiring and tractor hasn’t missed a beat.
It is embarrassing no one saw that.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
EXCELLENT! Glad you shared what you found and all is well now!