Bx2200 overfilled with oil

NC Scout

Equipment
Kubota T1880, Kubota BX2200, Kubota B7800
Sep 11, 2020
North Carolina
Had tractor serviced, dip stick shows about an inch above the full mark..? Is this critical, should I drain and refill?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Don’t know. But I would drain some, but not all. You will get some oil on your hand but so what. Loosen the drain plug and reinsert relatively quickly.

You will feel better after doing so, regardless if it matters or not.

haveissues

Equipment
LX2610
Sep 13, 2013
northeast
Drain or suck some out. I would not leave it an inch over the full mark. And find a new place to take your tractor.

Reactions: 1 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
First verify these guys put the correct filter on it!
The wrong filter will screw on (from another BX series) but the oil level will often show overfilled when it happens. I agree with the above as well, set the level correctly.

I learned this when putting the wrong filter on my dads BX1800. Could not figure out why the specified oil quantity was coming up an inch high the dipstick. Realized the wrong filter was on. Replaced with correct filter, quantity was correct.

Reactions: 1 user

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
The dealer overfilled mine too on the first service. Put a full gallon in my BX instead of what was spec.

I drained out the excess. If you leave the dip stick it, the oil will not coming pouring out quickly when you remove the drain plug and it is a relative painless endeavor.

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Even if the wrong filter was installed the person doing the work should have verified by checking level on dipstick. Very poor service.

NC Scout

Equipment
Sep 11, 2020
North Carolina
First verify these guys put the correct filter on it!
The wrong filter will screw on (from another BX series) but the oil level will often show overfilled when it happens. I agree with the above as well, set the level correctly.

I learned this when putting the wrong filter on my dads BX1800. Could not figure out why the specified oil quantity was coming up an inch high the dipstick. Realized the wrong filter was on. Replaced with correct filter, quantity was correct.
Thanks for your advice...will probably go ahead and do a full oil and filter change which I normally would have done, but decided to let them do it....last time.

NC Scout

Equipment
Sep 11, 2020
North Carolina
The dealer overfilled mine too on the first service. Put a full gallon in my BX instead of what was spec.

I drained out the excess. If you leave the dip stick it, the oil will not coming pouring out quickly when you remove the drain plug and it is a relative painless endeavor.
Plan to drain and get a new filter and refill myself. It does not hold a full gallon, but that is what they charged me for.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Yep youre on the right path. I would never operate a tractor, or any vehicle, where the oil is 1 inch over filled on the dip stick. You can end up with oil getting into places it is not meant to be. Someone who is this careless I would also question EVERYTHING they done on the tractor, because it suggests they were careless, and didnt check anything.

Louisianna

Equipment
bx2200
Feb 11, 2021
illinois
Change your own oil and you wont have that problem - good help is hard to find - with tractors costing more than cars - a dealer is my last dead and dieing decision - when you change your own oil fill to dot or line on dipstick - then start tractor let run couple minutes - shut off and add additional oil to bring to dot or line - its not #$% rocket science - manual states every 200 hrs - for most of us that is once a year

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have been changing my oil and filter at 50 hours since I bought it. That is about 1 years worth of service. Presently have 800 hours on the engine and the tractor is a 2004 BX22. I use a full synthetic diesel oil.