Bx2200 hp

Back40_dude

Equipment
98 B2400HSD FEL B/B
Jul 17, 2010
pittsburgh
I have been looking at used BX2200's and there are some that are 16HP and some that are 22HP. Can someone fill in the details? And is it worth going to the 22HP model?

Thanks
MJ

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
I have been looking at used BX2200's and there are some that are 16HP and some that are 22HP. Can someone fill in the details? And is it worth going to the 22HP model?

Thanks
MJ
I think you are looking at the engine HP (22) and the PTO HP (16) of the same tractor.

There is only one BX2200 and those are the two HP specs for it. All Kubota tractors that have a PTO list the two specs for each model.

Back40_dude

Equipment
98 B2400HSD FEL B/B
Jul 17, 2010
pittsburgh
Doh!

Yep didn't even think about it in those terms. Thanks

I did search here and "Google" for the info.

Any weak areas on the BX22XX series to watch out for when considering a purchase? (Thanks again)

Any other Pittsburgh "Orange tractor" owners out there?

How hard is it to remove the FEL if needed? Most of the time I will just be cutting grass.

Cheers
Mike

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Check out tractordata.com for more indepth info on any and all things tractor. And these days a FEL will hook and unhook in a matter of mintues without any tools.

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
The LA203/LA243 series loader is really slick - you can have it off in 5 minutes once you know how to do it. I only remove it to let the better half mow or to get the grille guard and engine side cowlings off, otherwise it's on the tractor most of the time.

The BX series is a great line (granted, I'm a bit biased . . .) but you'd be amazed what these little squirts can do.

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
I agree, the loader removes and installs very easily. As for things to check for, check the power steering lines that run from the steering wheel down the left side of the tractor. They commonly leak, if you remove the battery cover you would have a good look at them. Also when test driving, see if there is anything screwy with the steering. Be sure it responds nicely and is smooth operating. Pretty much any other problem is gonna be because of owner neglect. They are nice tractors, good luck with your purchase.

manualf150

Equipment
BX2200, 60" MMM, LA211 FEL
Jul 18, 2010
Vernon, NY
I've got the BX2200, and it is a darn good machine.

The LA211 loader is a synch to remove. I removed and put mine back on the first time in less then 5 minutes. Now I can do it without getting off the tractor (then again, I'm young and limber) and do it faster than I can go grab a shovel from the other side of the barn.

If you are good with the hydraulics, then you can do it quick. If you aren't, then practice, practice, practice. I'm only a master because I've operated backhoes, front end loaders, and etc, before I got my BX. So it wasn't a big deal.

The rated PTO horse power is rated at full operating speed. And don't be afraid to rev the engine, it's designed for it. Just remember as with any PTO application, have the engine at 1/2 throttle, engage pto, wait a second or two, then give it full power.

Back40_dude

Equipment
98 B2400HSD FEL B/B
Jul 17, 2010
pittsburgh
Thanks all!

From what I gathered the hydro-lines are a weakish area. And like any other machine, user neglect.

I was wondering about the loader because it would "seem" to be easier to cut grass with the loader removed. (belly mower)

My projects are

1 Cutting grass on somewhat hilly area(P-burgh is practically all hills) every/other week.
2 Loader for moving brush/rock/wood schtuff around.
3 Possibly a tiller to reclaim the area.

I had all the trees cut down and now have a semi large (.5acre) don't laugh, its enough for me. It is a mix of weeds/rough grass and ivy vines. I want to get a pro to grade it and smooth it out. Then till the heck out it and plant a decent quality grass. Something to keep the soil intact. Then build a picnic/bbq/firepit area. Maybe some box gardens???

Thanks for the replies.
Mike

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I would disagree that the hydraulic lines are a weak area on ANY Kubota. There has been some failed on "B" series tractors but not many and there are no problems with hydraulic lines that I'm aware of on the "BX" tractor. The "BX" is a completely different tractor than the "B".
Ed

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
The BX tractors are good tractors, with a little bit of maintenance you should see a lot of hours out of this tractor. There are a couple little problem areas that were mentioned but once they are taken care of, you should be just fine.

tsideqah

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 4, 2010
Southaven, MS
If you have not already purchased a BX2200 this information may help you make your decision; if so, it may help you with future maintenance. I bought a BX2200 about 3 months ago with 500+/- hours on it. It didn't have an FEL, but it did have front weights and a huge PTO operated grass catcher. It had been used semi-commercially since new, one owner, and was in great shape. I was able to purchase it from a Kubota dealer (where it was traded), and while it came "as is" I know the dealer and knew he would help me with any problems that arose.

Almost immediately, I noticed that when I completely filled the fuel tank, it leaked out on the left rear wheel. That's pretty common with some of the older models due to a seal on top of the tank under the left rear fender on the gas gauge. It's an easy and inexpensive fix.

The other thing that happened was the power steering quit working. The steering wheel would turn, but not the wheels. I researched this and found that on some models, the power steering seal kit fails and must be replaced. Apparently, there was a recall on some units with a bad power steering unit (not all). The seal kit cost me $35.00 and the dealer installed it for $85.00.

My research has revealed that these are the two most common issues with this series. I've had large Kubotas and even a gray market L1500, all great units. For its size, the BX2200 is the best small tractor I've ever used.

Back40_dude

Equipment
98 B2400HSD FEL B/B
Jul 17, 2010
pittsburgh
Hey
Thanks for all the replies. I have been near Vegas for the last month. Sorta incomunicado.

I have also seen quite a few 71-72-73 series tractors for sale. They list as either HST or HSD? I will assume the hydro-stat-trans/drive?? Compared to the BX series they seem to a less slick/modern???

I was originally trying to find a MMM/FEL combo. But I think I want to go with a rear mower. What is the real difference in the brush hog type VS a finish mower? Ultimately it will mostly mowing a field like grass area and moving stuff around.

Last ? I have an area where it is viny/ivy material will a tiller cut/grind/mulch this into something plantable for grass. Perhaps a couple of passes to get it good and ready.

Mike

revkev

Equipment
bx2200
May 28, 2012
Waldoboro Me.
Hi all I am the proud new owner of a BX2200 and am looking for a fel and brushhog. I saw an ad for attachments for a B175 will they fit ?