BX1500 with LA181 Front Loader Removal

OhioGuy

Apr 22, 2013
Ohio
Hello,

I bought a used BX1500 with LA181 front loader.

I removed the loader for the first time. This unit has three hydraulic fittings (not 4, like the large BX tractors). One female fitting on the tractor side is on a 1 foot section of hose. The other two male fittings are hard lines coming from lower block area.

It looks like the intent is to reconnect that female fitting to the rearmost male fitting on the tractor, once the loader is removed.

Two reasons I suspect this.

- I tried to run the tractor with it disconnected. Tractor ran hot right away with weak hydraulics. Hopefully did not damage anything.

- That female fitting and the rearmost male fitting on the tractor side do not have any rubber plugs, suggesting they are supposed to be reconnected after loader removal.

Anyone here familiar with this system? BX1500 with the LA181?

Thanks in advance for any info.

OhioGuy

Apr 22, 2013
Ohio
Hello,

I bought a used BX1500 with LA181 front loader.

I removed the loader for the first time. This unit has three hydraulic fittings (not 4, like the large BX tractors). One female fitting on the tractor side is on a 1 foot section of hose. The other two male fittings are hard lines coming from lower block area.

It looks like the intent is to reconnect that female fitting to the rearmost male fitting on the tractor, once the loader is removed.

Two reasons I suspect this.

- I tried to run the tractor with it disconnected. Tractor ran hot right away with weak hydraulics. Hopefully did not damage anything.

- That female fitting and the rearmost male fitting on the tractor side do not have any rubber plugs, suggesting they are supposed to be reconnected after loader removal.

Anyone here familiar with this system? BX1500 with the LA181?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Anyone out there own this BX1500/LA181 combination?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Anyone out there own this BX1500/LA181 combination?
If not mistaken, that had to have the loop closed, so I "think" it should loop back - the overheating was the bypass valve working 100% of the time. Loop the male to female as you suspect - you will know if it right, the hydraulics will be back to normal.

On the new bx's the same is true on the rear end, where the hoe is, not sure what you get if you dont hook the loop back, I guess the 3 point doent work.

close the loop and report back

OhioGuy

Apr 22, 2013
Ohio
If not mistaken, that had to have the loop closed, so I "think" it should loop back - the overheating was the bypass valve working 100% of the time. Loop the male to female as you suspect - you will know if it right, the hydraulics will be back to normal.

On the new bx's the same is true on the rear end, where the hoe is, not sure what you get if you dont hook the loop back, I guess the 3 point doent work.

close the loop and report back
I tried this and it worked. The BX1500 front loader requires you to reconnect the female fitting on the flex hose to the rearmost fixed male fitting after the loader is removed.

Seems like a bad design because you could easily forget to do this. Newer units have 4 lines but you don't have to make any re-connections from what I have seen.

Also figured out I had a dirty radiator which was part of the over-heating problem.

All is well now running and mowing great. Thanks for the info.