BX with Auto-Connect MMM Deck. When?

Iaco

Nov 1, 2014
Parkton, MD, USA
I am on the market for a new BX25D-1. I would love to hold off purchasing one if next years model gets an auto-connect MMM deck. Any idea when will Kubota migrate the BX series to auto-connect MMM decks?

Frank Peters

Equipment
Mower Bx 2360
Jul 27, 2012
Moe Victoria Australia
Hi All,
I would not hold my breath, there are more pressing problems with the mmm, like proper covers for mowers twin belts. I have made modification on my BX and sent to Kubota, they have no interest in improvements. Regards Frank

kubotaman574

Equipment
BX2670 B2650
Aug 8, 2013
Elkhart In
JD has problems with their Auto Connect, so I don't see Kubota offering it

What kind of Problem are you having with the covers Frank?

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
If Franks covers are like mine they are junk plastic and the thumb nuts that come from the factory ,well you cant tighten them enough,, they need to go back to the old style metal covers that latch in place,, never seen anyone having problems with them

Frank Peters

Equipment
Mower Bx 2360
Jul 27, 2012
Moe Victoria Australia
Hi All,
problem with flimsy plastic part covers is that all the sticks, grass and of cuts accumulate in the twin belt cavity and easily damage the $100+ belt. To stop that it needs to cover the rest of the belt like it was on 30 year old designed Arians. And also proper step on support for foot getting on and off. Regards Frank

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I am on the market for a new BX25D-1. I would love to hold off purchasing one if next years model gets an auto-connect MMM deck. Any idea when will Kubota migrate the BX series to auto-connect MMM decks?

I have only taken my deck off once ...in a gravel driveway, it was a PITA....
however......IF I was a on say a concrete level spot, or a wood shed floor, I think I could take it off in less than 5 minutes, 2 minutes would be me getting back up off the floor!!! :D:):D

Even the pto is easy!

Not sure I want to see auto connect MMM.......sounds like a car that drives itself!! :mad:

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Hi All,
problem with flimsy plastic part covers is that all the sticks, grass and of cuts accumulate in the twin belt cavity and easily damage the $100+ belt. To stop that it needs to cover the rest of the belt like it was on 30 year old designed Arians. And also proper step on support for foot getting on and off. Regards Frank
Do you have any pictures of your modifications you would share?

Leyland

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 31, 2014
Southwestern Ontario
I too would like to see your modifications to the deck.

I'm very happy with the ease of swap-ability on Kubota BX series. I had the same concerns before purchase, but glad I didn't wait any longer (or go with JD 1series). In the short time I've owned my tractor I regularly swap on/off the components for jobs I've been tackling before winter... very easy and only takes minutes, even when not rushing. No regrets here.

uglyboy

Equipment
TG1860G
Mar 8, 2013
St. George, Ontario
When I got my BX24 used a few years ago, it came with 54" MMM, rear snowblower & backblade. I didn't need the mower, so only use it once or twice a year. I attach/detach it on what passes for grass out by my barn... takes all of 5 minutes either way. About the same for the mower on my TG1860, which comes off twice a year for cleaning underneath. Maybe when I'm 10 years older I'll need auto-connect ??? Or maybe I'll be looking at grass from a different perspective. :eek:

Where abouts in SW Ont are you, Leyland ?
I'm originally from Essex County, been near Toronto for last 45 years.

Pete

rico7684

Nov 18, 2014
Finger Lakes, NY
I was at a Kubota dealer today test driving the Bx2370. The salesman told me the new Bx's will have an optional drive over MMM this spring.

He told me he was just at a regional meeting and had a brochure regarding the drive over decks, which he made me a copy of. The model numbers of the decks are:

RCK60D-26BX
RCK54D-26BX

He said they option will cost approximately $500 more than the regular MMM and that he ordered several of the Bx series with drive over decks for this coming spring.

Here is the Brochure:

Attachments

Last edited:

Frank Peters

Equipment
Mower Bx 2360
Jul 27, 2012
Moe Victoria Australia
Hi All,

I don’t have pictures of the modifications as yet, but after I modify suspension of my very uncomfortable seat, if successful, I get all modification on this site.

Also my pneumatic 2” staple gun for farm fencing, cost $20 and bit of time to modify attachment for staples.

Regards Frank

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
My father and I have wondered why kubota hasn't come out with MMM that you drive over. A cheap and easy way to help the guys out there with bad backs is to use a set of low profile snowmobile dollies. Lower the deck onto them before you detach and it slides right out like butter. If you don't have a smooth surface for them to roll on use 2 sheets of 1/4" plywood. Here is a link to a cheap set, they come in handy for a lot of things!

http://www.kotulas.com/deals/Produc...3e+Storage+%26+Organization&utm_content=19545