BX with a Bagger Issues

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
2021 BX2380 w/ a plethora of attachments
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Does anyone have a BX model with the 3PH bagger assembly that has the PTO driven turbine?

If so, have you been able to adjust the lifting rate of the 3PH to mimic the lift rate of the MMM?

My neighbour is having issues where the 3PH lifts to the sky well before the lifting of the MMM begins lifting up causing a weird angle on the chute of the bagger popping it off numerous amount of times.

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
On my old BX22, the bagger didn't go up at all. It was designed to be fixed in place. I think that I used to close the 3-point hitch knob under the seat to eliminate the issue that your neighbor is having.

Reactions: 1 user

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
I'm not sure because mine is the fixed mount style. But wondering if with his being on the 3 pth arms ,does he have to maybe. Remove his lift [rods] from the rock shaft and place them onto the fixed brackets that are on the rear frame to keep the bagger in a fixed position rather then moving up and down with the mower deck.

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
On mine, the lift rods for the two lower link 3pt arms are removed. The top link is removed and the bagger connects to the point that the top link attached to and the lower link arms. This keeps it from moving

He could also move the top of the lift rod from the hydraulic lift arm and attach them to the fixed holes (just about 4" outside of the lift are ) so the 3pt doesn't move at all

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
On mine, the lift rods for the two lower link 3pt arms are removed. The top link is removed and the bagger connects to the point that the top link attached to and the lower link arms. This keeps it from moving

He could also move the top of the lift rod from the hydraulic lift arm and attach them to the fixed holes (just about 4" outside of the lift are ) so the 3pt doesn't move at all
I'm not sure because mine is the fixed mount style. But wondering if with his being on the 3 pth arms ,does he have to maybe. Remove his lift [rods] from the rock shaft and place them onto the fixed brackets that are on the rear frame to keep the bagger in a fixed position rather then moving up and down with the mower deck.
Hey Gentlemen (Tinkerwitheverything & shelkol) that's exactly what we're thinking. Once we get the PTO Casing replaced as it cracked and is gushing fluid everywhere we'll set it up that way. Thanks for your feedback!

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
Sounds like you got the answer, but just to confirm, as an owner here of this setup. When you bought the bagger should have received L brackets bolted on that are stationary to connect the 3pt lift arms to. You should also have two adjustable length pto lift arms (turnbuckles) instead of one being fixed.

Reactions: 1 users

Dcguinn

Equipment
BX2380, LA344, 54” MMM, 26BX Bagger, Tiller RTA1242, Forks PFL2042, Grapple mine
Sep 1, 2021
Ellijay GA
Does anyone have a BX model with the 3PH bagger assembly that has the PTO driven turbine?

If so, have you been able to adjust the lifting rate of the 3PH to mimic the lift rate of the MMM?

My neighbour is having issues where the 3PH lifts to the sky well before the lifting of the MMM begins lifting up causing a weird angle on the chute of the bagger popping it off numerous amount of times.
I just lost the rear end from mine due to being hooked to the 3pt rather than fixed. The PTO separated and cracked the hydraulic case. The dealer likely added stationary brackets outboard of the 3pt. Fittings are the same, so it’s easy to confuse. if you raise the 3pt, it can separate and leave half the linkage spinning out of control. Be careful, huge issue.

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
I just lost the rear end from mine due to being hooked to the 3pt rather than fixed. The PTO separated and cracked the hydraulic case. The dealer likely added stationary brackets outboard of the 3pt. Fittings are the same, so it’s easy to confuse. if you raise the 3pt, it can separate and leave half the linkage spinning out of control. Be careful, huge issue.
Yep that’s what happened and resulted in a $4,938 bill. Lol happy days with only 12 hours on the unit!

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
I wonder how this will work out . ??? Is this the dealers fault? Please post the results. Thank you.

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
@Dave Ogren its an operator error not covered by warranty, even though the dealer told him it’s financially better for him to mount it (purchased it used) than the dealer, well he did and ended up eating a $5k bill. Luckily his house insurance covered the damage however still hard to swallow none the less.