BX Weight Box with Quick Hitch Question

Rick in CT

Equipment
BX2360, loader, snow blower, blade, mower
Feb 2, 2015
Wallingford, CT
I have a BX weight box B8160 on my BX2360, and I am thinking about getting a quick hitch to use with my quick hitch compatible implements. Does anyone know if the quick hitch Cat. 1 (Land Pride QH05) will connect up to the Kubota weight box?

Thanks,
Rick

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Not positive but I would say no, because of the clearance issues on the lower arms. I had that box too but sold it this fall, going to do a different route. A square box or Heavy Hitch.
I asked a similar question and Wrooster provided some good pics. The lower arms would have to be tilted way way back, probably too far back to actually work. I have Pats but even the LP QH 05 has those tall tabs too.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/327852-ballast-box-b8160-quick-hitch.html

Rick in CT

Equipment
Feb 2, 2015
Wallingford, CT
Slimshadie, I too think you are right, that it will not be a direct fit for the quick hitch. I did find a couple older threads by Kubotaguy and Wildfire where they modified weight boxes to work with a quick hitch. Once my quick hitch arrives I will start working on a plan to modify the box.

Thanks,

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
I have a BX weight box B8160 on my BX2360, and I am thinking about getting a quick hitch to use with my quick hitch compatible implements. Does anyone know if the quick hitch Cat. 1 (Land Pride QH05) will connect up to the Kubota weight box?

Thanks,
Rick
Hi Rick I think that's the same wt. box I have, the bottom hooks were too tight and the top was different than my other implements. It's not a hard fix, I cut the welds on the bottom outside plates with a zip-cut blade on my angle grinder then re-drilled the hole more forward on the inside ones, I then re-positioned the outside plates and welded them back on. To fix the top I figured out the position it had to be in and re-drilled the hole. My quick hitch is from Northern Tool a Cat 1. Hope this helps Barry

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I don't get over to these forums much anymore but this thread did catch my eye. If your going to use a quick hitch then you'll need to modify the ballast box and most likely the implements you get for your tractor. Some manufacturers are making their implements QC comparable but not all that of them. I know your box is a differant model but you'll see by the photos what I had to do.
Hope this helps.
Happy New Year everyone.

Should see the photos here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/15602393@N05/?

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
I don't get over to these forums much anymore but this thread did catch my eye. If your going to use a quick hitch then you'll need to modify the ballast box and most likely the implements you get for your tractor. Some manufacturers are making their implements QC comparable but not all that of them. I know your box is a differant model but you'll see by the photos what I had to do.
Hope this helps.
Happy New Year everyone.

Should see the photos here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/15602393@N05/?
Nice to see you "pop in" over here Paul.
Happy Holidays.

Rick in CT

Equipment
Feb 2, 2015
Wallingford, CT
Well, I purchased the Land Pride QH05 for my BX, then decided to modify my weight box to make it compatible with the quick hitch. I'm very happy with the quick hitch, it connects seamlessly to my box blade and rear blade, and now after some modification to the weight box, it hooks right up to it. I used Reese trailer hitch components to make the modifications. Thanks to my young neighbor who likes to weld.

Rick

Attachments