BX Snowblower on B2920

klpaint

Equipment
B2920
Oct 5, 2017
Green Bay, WI
I am hoping someone out there with a BX snowblower on a B series tractor can answer a quick question for me. Here is my setup.

B2920 tractor
B2733A sub frame
B2788 mid PTO Drive Kit
BX2735 half drive shaft
BX5450 snow blower

I have had the tractor for several years and everything else is new. When I installed the sub frame, PTO kit, snowblower etc it all came together perfectly except the BX2735 is about 8" too short. The manual clearly states that when using BX implements on a B Series tractor the BX2735 is the right shaft.

This means I have 1 of 2 issues.

1. The shaft I have is not really a BX2735 (it was in a BX2735 box).
2. The manual is wrong.

The BX2735 shaft I have is 12" long and is 6-7" too short.

If anyone has a BX2735 can you tell me how long it is? I can't find what the dimensions are anywhere.

If anyone has a BX snowblower on a B series tractor, can you tell me how long your half drive shaft is?

Thanks in advance.

Bjorndahl

Equipment
B2650 HSDC
May 1, 2016
Northern Lower Michigan
I have a B2650HSDC and had a front mounted BX5450 50" snow blower attached to it. The tractor had the B2714C hitch and B2793 PTO installed by the dealership. All I did is install the BX2735 (front half mid pto shaft) to use the BX5450 blower. Worked great, no issues. Let me know if you need measurements.

Attachments

Last edited:

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
I don't have the same setup as you but I did confirm that what you should have is correct. I suspect you have the wrong half shaft for the blower pto. I just put a bx2755hd on my b2601 and the front half shaft needed to be replaced. The proper one was considerably longer then the one supplied with blower.

klpaint

Equipment
B2920
Oct 5, 2017
Green Bay, WI
Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it. You are correct, it was the wrong shaft. The one that came with the blower was too short. They ordered a new BX2735 and it was the right length. Thanks again.

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Not a problem. I belong to a few sites and this one is probably the best for getting replies. It's frustrating when your having an issue and can't get an answer.

iplumb27

Oct 19, 2016
Mason Michigan
Hi Guys, I have a B2920 and are looking at a New used BX5450 waiting on a reply but I’m guessing it was off a BX? What would I need to make this work on my B2920?

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
You will need a B2733A sub frame and a BX2735 (front half mid pto shaft). I just went the other way. I bought a BX5450 blower that was on a B2620 tractor. I sold the B2733A and bought the correct one. You will also need a new intermediate shaft. The one for the B2733A is much longer. The rear drive shaft is the same.

Just so you know that B2733A subframe is over $1000.00 new.

iplumb27

Oct 19, 2016
Mason Michigan
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/
20191203/956c9e1088a5c6a12810bcb572d66e95.jpgcan you guys help me figure out if this will fit my B2920? It’s off of a B7510 he doesn’t have the number of the driveline kit.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
A caution for you to consider.

The fan shear bolt style on the model you posted a photo of was a problem.

At some point RADCO, the Quebec Canada maker of the blower for Kubota and John Deere, changed the design in this area.

The new design has flanges for the shear bolt rather than the shear bolt going through the fan shaft.

The black flange in the photo was a retrofit done by a dealer. I do not know if this part even has a part number.

The first photo is what I think the unit you are considering has.
The second photo is the mod one dealer did for their customer.

New blowers have the flanged style but everything is orange
Dave

Attachments

iplumb27

Oct 19, 2016
Mason Michigan
Thanks Dave, how long ago was that changed? Trying to figure out the age of this unit. So you would steer clear of this old style? Goes through shear bolts?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Thanks Dave, how long ago was that changed? Trying to figure out the age of this unit. So you would steer clear of this old style? Goes through shear bolts?
I am not saying stay clear but buy being fully informed.

It has been at least 3 years since the rash of shear bolt failures started.

Kubota aka Radco were supplying a changing variety of shear bolts and if an owner used the wrong ones a gear box destruction could happen.

I have attached a picture showing the auger shear bolts with two grooves cut into them.

Dave

Attachments

wasatchmountains

Equipment
b2320
Mar 28, 2019
Fruit Heights, UT, USA
Hey everyone, I know this thread is a few years old, but I'm wondering if I could get some help for a similar situation. I have a 2005 B2320 that I've been using to plow my driveway with for years. I already have the B2733A quick hitch/subframe that I've been using for my plow. I recently came across a good deal on a bx2750c snow blower ($250) and I'm trying to figure out what I need to make it work. There's one piece sticking out of the blower (circled in yellow), but I have no other drive shafts or connectors.

I've talked to two separate local Kubota dealers and they're both having a hard time confirming what I need. One had no idea, and the other told me I would need all 3 of the following:
-B2788 Mid PTO Driveline Kit,
-BX2735 Front Male Driveline Kit, and
-B2736 Front Male Driveline Kit

It seems strange that I would need both the BX2735 and the B2736. Can anyone help me out?

On a separate note, the blower has the electric chute rotation module on it, but no wiring for a switch of any sort...any ideas on what I'd need to make the electric chute rotation work, or if not that, what a part would be to just get the manual chute rotation and hook it up?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Attachments

klpaint

Equipment
B2920
Oct 5, 2017
Green Bay, WI
Hey everyone, I know this thread is a few years old, but I'm wondering if I could get some help for a similar situation. I have a 2005 B2320 that I've been using to plow my driveway with for years. I already have the B2733A quick hitch/subframe that I've been using for my plow. I recently came across a good deal on a bx2750c snow blower ($250) and I'm trying to figure out what I need to make it work. There's one piece sticking out of the blower (circled in yellow), but I have no other drive shafts or connectors.

I've talked to two separate local Kubota dealers and they're both having a hard time confirming what I need. One had no idea, and the other told me I would need all 3 of the following:
-B2788 Mid PTO Driveline Kit,
-BX2735 Front Male Driveline Kit, and
-B2736 Front Male Driveline Kit

It seems strange that I would need both the BX2735 and the B2736. Can anyone help me out?

On a separate note, the blower has the electric chute rotation module on it, but no wiring for a switch of any sort...any ideas on what I'd need to make the electric chute rotation work, or if not that, what a part would be to just get the manual chute rotation and hook it up?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
You would need one or the other based on the blower. It looks like your blower is a BX2750 so you would need the BX2735 and not the B2736. The original post was mine and I did get all of that working. My issue was they actually gave me the wrong shaft the first time.

Mine is the following setup. Hope this helps and good luck. Kevin

1600178404345.jpeg

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
kevin -

I'm not at home to check, but does the mid-PTO kit include both the shaft w/ female couplers to connect to the tractor, as well as the "mid" straight shaft and bearing holders?

I do recall one P/N was a longer mid-shaft than the other...

Trying to help Wasatch out, but it was a while back.

klpaint

Equipment
B2920
Oct 5, 2017
Green Bay, WI
kevin -

I'm not at home to check, but does the mid-PTO kit include both the shaft w/ female couplers to connect to the tractor, as well as the "mid" straight shaft and bearing holders?

I do recall one P/N was a longer mid-shaft than the other...

Trying to help Wasatch out, but it was a while back.
My tractor is up at the Lake House (75 miles from here) so I can't look at it but I have put it on several times now so pretty good memory of it. I only bought the following (shown below)

I had to buy the subframe as I did not have one. The B2788 (long shaft) goes from the PTO in the middle of the tractor up to the sub frame. The BX2735 (short shaft) goes from the sub frame to the blower (BX5450 in my case). Those were the only pieces I ordered and I started from scratch so if you have the tractor and blower, you should only need the other three items (unless you already have sub frame as well).

I will say that I could not be happier with the results. I use to plow the driveway (it is very long) and this is 100 times easier. Works really well and easy to use being on the front instead of back of tractor.

I can take some pictures next time I am up there but that won't be until weekend of 26th. Let me know if that would be helpful and more than happy to do that.

Thanks,

Kevin

1600186851859.png

wasatchmountains

Equipment
b2320
Mar 28, 2019
Fruit Heights, UT, USA
Thank you all for the quick responses, what a great forum! KLPaint, pictures would be great when you get around to it. Where do you find that the BX2735 goes with the bx2750c blower? Is it from the attached page in my manual for the subframe(B2733A)?

I think my b2320 should be the same size as your b2920(other than the engine), so I'm guessing it should all work.

It's unfortunate, but I want to make sure I educate my kubota dealer appropriately :).

Attachments

Last edited:

klpaint

Equipment
B2920
Oct 5, 2017
Green Bay, WI
Thank you all for the quick responses, what a great forum! KLPaint, pictures would be great when you get around to it. Where do you find that the BX2735 goes with the bx2750c blower? Is it from the attached page in my manual for the subframe(B2733A)?

I think my b2320 should be the same size as your b2920(other than the engine), so I'm guessing it should all work.

It's unfortunate, but I want to make sure I educate my kubota dealer appropriately :).
Does this help?

1600190526710.jpeg

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wasatch - - if you look at Kubota's parts diagrams, it will show what Kevin's B2788 mid PTO kit looks like.

Agree to legal, then put in B2788 for model search.

Can do the same for your BX2750C blower. Diagram shows the female end of drive shaft as a blower part, but that's missing on yours. Guessing you need both halves.

Good luck.