BX Rear Remote Install Complete

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Hi-

I spent about 4-hours yesterday afternoon installing the Kubota rear remote kit for my BX1860. Overall the installation wasn't too bad - probably took me longer than average since I've not done this type of install before. I'd say the hardest part was making sure the pipes were in the correct orientation - the instructions are pretty bad in this area and I had to laugh when I saw a footnote suggesting I should match the orientation to the picture in the instructions. The second most difficult part was getting my rear (loaded) tire back on the rim; I never look forward to doing this and now I remember why. So far no leaks.

A few pictures of the final product are attached.

Attachments

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hi-

I spent about 4-hours yesterday afternoon installing the Kubota rear remote kit for my BX1860. Overall the installation wasn't too bad - probably took me longer than average since I've not done this type of install before. I'd say the hardest part was making sure the pipes were in the correct orientation - the instructions are pretty bad in this area and I had to laugh when I saw a footnote suggesting I should match the orientation to the picture in the instructions. The second most difficult part was getting my rear (loaded) tire back on the rim; I never look forward to doing this and now I remember why. So far no leaks.

A few pictures of the final product are attached.
Looks perfect. You are going to love having T&T.

Not sure why you had to take the rear tire off the rim though...:D

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Love seeing this!! please keep this thread updated with your new attachments. that came out great

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
That steel tubing sure makes for a neat installation!! Where does the control valve/levers mount for it? Always fun trying to decipher those abbreviated instructions, isn't it? Nice job well done!

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
That steel tubing sure makes for a neat installation!! Where does the control valve/levers mount for it? Always fun trying to decipher those abbreviated instructions, isn't it? Nice job well done!
There’s an extra lever guide slot on the right hand side where the levers mount. Thanks, overall it went really well.

GordonE

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 21, 2017
Carleton Place ont canada
bluedunn

I had the remote kit installed on my BX2380 about a year ago by the dealer. Initially I had a problem in which the hydraulic cylinder would move very slowly in one direction and normal in the other direction. Another subscriber had exactly the same problem. I traced the problem to the positioning of the levers. Kubota does not allow very much clearance in the slot and positing is important. I had to loosen the first nut on the lever arm and play with its position as I re-tightened the nut. Eventually a found a position that allowed the lever to control the cylinder properly in both directions. I talked to the other subscriber and he fixed his problem in exactly the same way.

I use one of the remotes for a hydraulic top link and find it very useful. Good luck.

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Bluedunn
Nice job!
My install last year went like yours. Valve easy, instructions not so much.
Enjoy!