BX PTO engage lever

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK anybody that has a BX knows that lever is a PIA!!! And getting on and off you always hit that *&%#&*%()@* thing and it of course kills the motor,,, NOW if I put the PTO selector in the rear only position and if I'm not on the seat the PTO would start and not kill the motor,,, RIGHT???, Now the question is this why don't it work that way no matter which spot I place the selector and get off the seat and move the engagement lever it kills the motor,,, SOOOOOO anybody got an idea what Im doing wrong,, cause I have been over under and I cannot find why its doing that cause if I want to run a gen set of the pto I sure as hell aint gona sit on that thing all night!!!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ahhuuuuummmmm never mind,,, :eek: I forgot to tilt the seat up,,,duhhhhhh

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
I have an idea...why don't you just tilt the seat up. :D:D:D

Yea! First time I've been right in the last 100 posts!

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Dayum! I wish I was faster with the reply key...

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Dang it, I'm with GWD, something I actually know and it's too late.:(

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Skeets: If you want to run a generator with the seat down, take a piece of #12 wire shaped in a "U" and insert it in the plug of the seat switch. For instance, say you want to power a long pole pruner that is electric powered and need to travel along using it from the seat. You can bring along the generator attached to the three point with a suitable support and you have a portable power plant. Not the neatest rig for a geared tractor, since you need the high RPM, but for HST transmission, it works fine.

By the way do your pants have hammer loops? that may be your problem with the lever.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
LOL,, nope no hammer loops,, the switch is super touchy,, I'm going to pull the left rear wheel off and see if I can adjust it down a bit looking from the top there seems to be another hole in the mounting bracket,, so maybe I'll try that

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Either side I still get stuck either with shirt or pants. Learned to lock FEL lever to not move fluid when loader is off.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
OH sure just pick on the fat old man,,,lol:D
Skeets,

My shorts catch that dayum lever all the time! But mine is the REAR position!:eek: One day that ol HOE is coming off and I hope I remember the yellow level from hell is sensitive! I'll be calling you later in the summer asking you.......:D

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Skeets: I have your solution. Simply cut off the lever and move the plastic cover down so it is next to the metal shield. If the selector lever also is too long, do the same, but it seems the plastic is on a narrowed part, but that is easy fixed also. Hell, it's your tractor, so make it work for you.

On this score, as soon as I got my BX, I cut off the long rod lever for the FEL, since it was far too long for me. Shorter, it works fine.

Poor Kubota design again, such as placing the three point lever far down on the fender. That makes it hard for an old guy like me (age 86) to turn around to the right and watch the rear implement and still have my hand on the control lever. I add a rod to that lever for snow plowing work, making it easier to do this body twisting action.

mike-o

Equipment
BX25D, 60" MMM, Land Pride 48"Box Blade
Jul 27, 2013
SW PA
OH sure just pick on the fat old man,,,lol:D
Must be a SW PA thing Skeets, I've hit mine a "few" times. And one of these days I'll be done digging and the belly mower will be back on this machine. 130 hours and MAYBE 3 mowing - which is what I really bought it for!:D