BX Implements

rookiefarmer

Equipment
1972 L260
Nov 1, 2011
Colfax, IN
I Found a guy local to me that upped to a L series so he is getting rid of his BX implements. I am 99% sure this is a good deal, but just want to throw it out there for confirmation. All are 4 years old except landscape rake, which is 18 months old.

King Kutter 48" Cut Bush Hog - No leaks, noises, only cut tall pasture grass, no true brush with small trees etc.
King Kutter 60" Box Blade with new Rippers
King Kutter XB 60" Rear Blade - Hardly used, only for snow twice
King Kutter 72" Landscape Rake - Like new, got it to try and clean up pine needles and it didn't work.

I've negotiated him down to all for $1100. Good deal or no? Will I ever use a landscape rake?

Feel free to rake me over the coals if I am getting raped on the deal

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
King Kutter 48" Cut Bush Hog - No leaks, noises, only cut tall pasture grass, no true brush with small trees etc.

Cost new ....... $500 +

King Kutter 60" Box Blade with new Rippers

Cost new .......$500 +

King Kutter XB 60" Rear Blade - Hardly used, only for snow twice

Cost new $400

King Kutter 72" Landscape Rake - Like new, got it to try and clean up pine needles and it didn't work.

Very valuable tool and it new will set you back $500

JUMP on that deal "quick like and in a hurry!"

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Locally, and it's tough to guess without having seen them

Bush hog: 450

Box Blade: 400

Back Blade: 250

Landscape rake: 300

It's weird, but I've seen used landscape rakes selling for retail around here.

The main use for a landscape rake seems to be for muddy driveways. Some folks use them for windrowing rocks, roots and such, but there are mixed reviews there.

It's not a bad deal if each of those implements is something that you want.

rookiefarmer

Equipment
1972 L260
Nov 1, 2011
Colfax, IN
The smaller implements hardly ever come up for sale used here. If I needed a 6' or 7' bush hog, I could buy a dozen within walking distance from my house for scrap price.

The only thing I was thinking I wouldn't use is the landscape rake. But I can always sell that if I find that i'm not using it.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
Show him ten, crisp, $100.00 dollar bills and see what happens. Sounds like this is an opportunity for the seller to be done all at once instead of dealing with a bunch of buyers wanting individual pieces. That should be worth something. Kind of like Mike & Frank when they start 'bundling'! :)

rookiefarmer

Equipment
1972 L260
Nov 1, 2011
Colfax, IN
Picked up everything except the box blade for $700. The box blade was a 6' HD not as advertised. No way the BX could handle that. Trailer smoked a bearing on the way home so I have even had a chance to play with my new toys, er I mean tools.