BX Hydrostatic Pedal Modification

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
Has anyone done any sort of modification to the forward and Reverse pedals on a BX 80 series tractor. I am having some serious tendinitis (achilleas) issues which when using the reverse pedal a lot (i.e. plowing and blowing snow), that puts my right leg into a very miserable condition. Forward is not bad but the heel to reverse is the killer. Does anyone have any mod ideas they have done ??????

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Has anyone done any sort of modification to the forward and Reverse pedals on a BX 80 series tractor. I am having some serious tendinitis (achilleas) issues which when using the reverse pedal a lot (i.e. plowing and blowing snow), that puts my right leg into a very miserable condition. Forward is not bad but the heel to reverse is the killer. Does anyone have any mod ideas they have done ??????
I hear ya.. I have issues with my right hip and that reverse kills me. I wish they had the side x side pedals.. so much easier! Or at least one cradle. I'm tuned in now so hopefully someone comes up with something legit.

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
I am fabricating a hand lever that will bolt on the the bottom of the forward pedal. It will allow using the hand lever to pull the forward pedal back. The stock reverse pedal will still be available if wanted. 2 bolts are going to hold it on so removing them easily converts it back to stock condition. I'll post some pictures when I have it done and installed.

Reactions: 1 users

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
If a hand operated treadle would work for you, here is one I built to be operated from the backhoe position. There is no reason why this would not work, if the handle orientation were changed to work with the tractor seating position.
Treadlelever2.jpg
Treadlelever3.jpg
Treadlelever5.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
If a hand operated treadle would work for you, here is one I built to be operated from the backhoe position. There is no reason why this would not work, if the handle orientation were changed to work with the tractor seating position. View attachment 75476 View attachment 75477 View attachment 75478
I am going to do the same idea except I do not have the rocker style pedal. Mine has a forward pedal and a separate reverse pedal back near the fender. It requires you to move your foot back and raise your heel up about 3". The "University Idiot" in charge of the ergonomic design for this tractor pedal set up must have been "free basing" some chemicals. It is obvious he never did or did intent to ever actually have to use it him/her self.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It should be a requirement that EVERY 'engineers' ACTUALLY operate and repair whatever they design. Simple repairs, not a complete teardown, regular stuff that comes up...
fuel filters on the BX23 series.........comes to mind.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I do not enjoy using the reverse pedal on my BX.......at all

OTOH, the reverse/forward design pedal on my TG1860 works "like buttah"...I wish they had kept that design. Argh ! freebasing chemicals you say eh? It's possible! "Looked good on a computer screen" he said... ;-)

Reactions: 1 user

prosebrook

Equipment
Kubota BX2680
Apr 1, 2022
Minnesota
I have not done any modification to my pedals but I rarely use the reverse pedal as it is. Pulling back on the forward pedal works just as well for me. It essentially is a rocker pedal just mounted under the floor boards.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I have not done any modification to my pedals but I rarely use the reverse pedal as it is. Pulling back on the forward pedal works just as well for me. It essentially is a rocker pedal just mounted under the floor boards.
I think a lot of us here use the reverse in that form, it's easier than the heel and much more controllable. That heel control just does not feel natural to me.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: That heel control just does not feel natural to me.

you get used to it ,become 'memory muscle'... course I drive automatics with 2 feet.......