BX front snowblower price

Farmallguy

Equipment
BX2360 w/54" deck & Back blade
Oct 8, 2014
Silver lake, MN
From the Kubota online build a tractor pricing, the 2750 is $1977, plus the two piece shaft kit is another $624. ( $2601.) I have the QD mount already. Kubota has discontinued the two current models of snow blowers and the newest offering, which is to become available November 1st is the BX5450. priced at $1999. plus $425, and $178.($2602.) I have emailed Kubota and will go by the dealer again this week and see if they have any more info on what changes if any are on the NEW model. For the same price, I would much rather purchase the upgraded model than get the discontinued model. Has anyone been able to get and specs or info on this yet?

Got all sorts of info on the NEW 54 series blowers:

the NEW BX5450 blower comes with a standard manual crank chute rotator, upgraded outer shoes on the edges of the blower along with heavier steel material for building the snowblower housing as well as the overall body of the snowblower is a bit beefier.

they also are offering a wider 55 inch blower the BX5455HD. this comes with standard hydraulic chute rotator and heavier gauge construction like the BX5450. The subframe and pto shaft I believe are the same as the 2750's from what my dealer told me. That'll save you guys some money if you have the older 2750 and want to upgrade to the newer series blower.

I just ordered the 5455HD from my dealer and is now in this week, I will shoot as many pictures as I can of the new upgrades. I stopped by the other day to look at the crate it was in and looks like a fantastic design on the new blower. the older 2750s kinda had a stupid design for the skid shoes and why buy an outdated blower when this comes standard with what I want.

Update soon to come!

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sounds good,, If I may be so bold, what was you total outlay for the whole shooting match

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
Got all sorts of info on the NEW 54 series blowers:

the NEW BX5450 blower comes with a standard manual crank chute rotator, upgraded outer shoes on the edges of the blower along with heavier steel material for building the snowblower housing as well as the overall body of the snowblower is a bit beefier.

they also are offering a wider 55 inch blower the BX5455HD. this comes with standard hydraulic chute rotator and heavier gauge construction like the BX5450. The subframe and pto shaft I believe are the same as the 2750's from what my dealer told me. That'll save you guys some money if you have the older 2750 and want to upgrade to the newer series blower.

I just ordered the 5455HD from my dealer and is now in this week, I will shoot as many pictures as I can of the new upgrades. I stopped by the other day to look at the crate it was in and looks like a fantastic design on the new blower. the older 2750s kinda had a stupid design for the skid shoes and why buy an outdated blower when this comes standard with what I want.

Update soon to come!
I have the new one ordered also w/manual chute. It's suppose to be here the first week in Dec. Cost was $1950.00
I may have trouble selling the old one without the quick hitch. I'm gonna let the dealer take it on consignment and see what happens.

Farmallguy

Equipment
Oct 8, 2014
Silver lake, MN
Sounds good,, If I may be so bold, what was you total outlay for the whole shooting match

Well price was a bit steep ($4100) but I think in the long run it'll be worth the money vs. buying the outdated one that had design issues. Also I won't have to mess around with fabrication of a Hydr. Rotator!

PS. Check out my cab I'm building for the BX!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416259022.217649.jpg

Toyboy

Equipment
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
Well price was a bit steep ($4100) but I think in the long run it'll be worth the money vs. buying the outdated one that had design issues. Also I won't have to mess around with fabrication of a Hydr. Rotator!

PS. Check out my cab I'm building for the BX!
View attachment 13558
Looks like your copying the Pope Mobile:D Just kidding, looks good;)

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
From last year. :)

Only problem I had with my old blower was when a brick that I did not know was in the snow, got caught in the auger and broke a sheer. Like it's supposed to. :) I've been pleased with the older one, I'll have to swing by the dealer at some point and take a look at the new.

Leyland

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 31, 2014
Southwestern Ontario
Im still waiting for dealer info on the new model, dealers I have talked to up here in Canada haven't heard of a "new model". I'm taking delivery of my BX today but with the older 2750d model. Will ask once again when it arrives if they have heard anything yet..

I paid $3999 for 2750 with quick hitch mount, PTO shaft and hydraulic chute. That price was package deal with my BX25D though.

Farmallguy

Equipment
Oct 8, 2014
Silver lake, MN
Well just went to the dealer and picked up the new blower, I gotta say this thing looks menacing. Love the design of the skid shoes and compact rotator.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416444398.989229.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416444412.022827.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416444422.521979.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416444433.338903.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416444451.155353.jpg

timbrehse

Equipment
Working Fun
Nov 22, 2014
Garrison,NY
I just uncrated and assembled my new BX5450 - manual crank chute control.
With everything torqued properly, the chute sits a bit sloppy - can rock it 1/4 in
any direction. And so not surprisingly, the worm assembly binds when trying to turn the chute (crank it) one way or the other. I checked the assemble sequence 3x's - it looks correct but it's not really functional as is. Ideas?

timbrehse

Equipment
Working Fun
Nov 22, 2014
Garrison,NY
Still snowing - maybe 5" here -still, had to go out just before dark for a test run.
IMG_3696.jpg
Blower works great. Prob. not significantly better than what I've seen a 2750 do - still impressive- it scrapes down clean.
This snow s*cks tho - really wet & heavy. The BBQ fork in the chute was 1st to go. Still, unless I was tossing a steady stream of white, it would clog up.
Going to hit it w/a good spray of auto wax when it's dry. Biggest problem is front wheel traction. With rear chains and the backhoe on in this mess of a snow, it's impossible to steer on a paved uphill grade. Need some weight added up front for the morning . But in the long run ....was that a 3pt spreader I saw put out near the road 4sale?

freedomintheskies

Equipment
BX1850, FEL, 56" MMD, 48" rear mount blower, Thatcher, Plug Aerator
If you will consider a rear mount blower, they are about $1200.00 cheaper and the chute and deflector can be run off rear hydraulic remotes. The cost for the remotes on a BX is $350.00 (and then you can add about any attachment) and the hydro bits for the blower are about $400.00. The only negative is that you have to blow snow in reverse, but you also get to keep the FEL.
Just my $.02

Farmallguy

Equipment
Oct 8, 2014
Silver lake, MN
Still snowing - maybe 5" here -still, had to go out just before dark for a test run.

View attachment 13682

Blower works great. Prob. not significantly better than what I've seen a 2750 do - still impressive- it scrapes down clean.

This snow s*cks tho - really wet & heavy. The BBQ fork in the chute was 1st to go. Still, unless I was tossing a steady stream of white, it would clog up.

Going to hit it w/a good spray of auto wax when it's dry. Biggest problem is front wheel traction. With rear chains and the backhoe on in this mess of a snow, it's impossible to steer on a paved uphill grade. Need some weight added up front for the morning . But in the long run ....was that a 3pt spreader I saw put out near the road 4sale?

Install the Clarence impeller kit on the impeller for that wet heavy crap. Here are some more specs on the new blowers.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417577744.783023.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417577758.930138.jpg

Toyboy

Equipment
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
It's nice to see they've increased the width 5". I'm still waiting to hear on mine, suppose to be in this week.

timbrehse

Equipment
Working Fun
Nov 22, 2014
Garrison,NY
Install the Clarence impeller kit on the impeller for that wet heavy crap. Here are some more specs on the new blowers.
View attachment 13795 View attachment 13796

Thanks Farmallguy - will have to research the Clarence Impeller kit - haven't heard of it - not surprising as I've never owned a snowblower 'till last week.
I do know that extra 5" of width and the standard hydro chute rotation pushes up the price of the 5455 considerably. I payed $1900 + tax for the 5450.

I'm trying to spec out a hydro motor and a LoveJoy coupler to copy this mod.
I found on another tractor board

Attachments