BX FEL receiver for ball hitch

zapper

Equipment
B2650 Cab model, BX2370, pallet forks and dual remotes, box blade, rear blade,
Nov 9, 2014
DANVILLE
I have a bx25d with the quick attached bucket. I would like to purchase or fabricate a receiver hitch that attaches to the front end loader with the bucket removed. I am thinking this will give me more lifting capacity for heavy trailers and better visualization. What do you think of this idea? Thanks

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
The FEL is only capable of lifting around 750lbs with bucket attached (maybe 1,000lbs without bucket) if this is all you need - go for it.
I would be surprised if there was anything you could purchase. I think this is going to be 100% home built.

If you need to lift more, the 3-point is capable of lifting about 1,765 lbs. There are pre-built systems with receiver hitches for the 3-point.

zapper

Equipment
Nov 9, 2014
DANVILLE
Thanks for the reply guys, I am now rethinking and shopping for a heavy duty 3 pt hitch. Lots of different styles to choose from.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
I got a heavy hitch for my 3 point in the rear. Great sturdy add on and I can lift any trailer and move it around. Can carry much more weight with the 3 point then the FEL arms
I just got my Heavy Hitch. Nice product. I'm looking to buy some "suitcase weights". I see the John Deere suitcase weights for sale at Lowes and HD. Are those (black) weights on your Heavy Hitch the 42 LB JD weights - or something else?

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
I just got my Heavy Hitch. Nice product. I'm looking to buy some "suitcase weights". I see the John Deere suitcase weights for sale at Lowes and HD. Are those (black) weights on your Heavy Hitch the 42 LB JD weights - or something else?
http://omni-mfg.com/42-lb-Suitcase-Weight-2-pack-FREE-SHIPPING8-P5053526.aspx

They had trouble getting me one of the 4 weights - but quickly replaced it for me (each weight came in its own box but the post office lost one weight - came out of the box)

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Even though posted that a fix was obtained, others may find this useful.

I've seen a skid-steer type quick attach unit that had a female receiver hitch tube on it but for the life of me can't remember where----somewhere on the web from an attachment distributor.

By poking around you can find a quick-attach plate only onto which almost anything can be welded or maybe bolted. May not be cost effective for a receiver hitch. Seems like they go for maybe $150 delivered. May be light weight steel, so be sure to check. Then weld on the female receiver tube available from Tractor Supply or similar.

I've even seen a stripped down deal, where all you get are the two implement-side quick attach brackets and you furnish the steel plate. Dirt cheap and may actually fit the tractor's quick attach.

I'd be curious how either of these fab-it-yourself solutions might work out.

Please post back continuing experiences so we may all continue to learn.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
http://omni-mfg.com/42-lb-Suitcase-Weight-2-pack-FREE-SHIPPING8-P5053526.aspx

They had trouble getting me one of the 4 weights - but quickly replaced it for me (each weight came in its own box but the post office lost one weight - came out of the box)
The pricing on that link would have saved me about $15 to $20 per weight over the Lowes price (with tax), but the website checkout process says "there is no shipping option available to my area" (central FL). I guess that is because of the free shipping.

Thanks for posting.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
It's not a receiver, but I made up this, & it works well for moving the trailer and light hook work.
Hope you don't mind but I have to build a set up just as you did , very nice .

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Even though posted that a fix was obtained, others may find this useful.

I've seen a skid-steer type quick attach unit that had a female receiver hitch tube on it but for the life of me can't remember where----somewhere on the web from an attachment distributor

I'd be curious how either of these fab-it-yourself solutions might work out.

Please post back continuing experiences so we may all continue to learn.
There is a Titan pallet fork model that includes a receiver hitch.

forceten

Equipment
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
The pricing on that link would have saved me about $15 to $20 per weight over the Lowes price (with tax), but the website checkout process says "there is no shipping option available to my area" (central FL). I guess that is because of the free shipping.

Thanks for posting.
I had that problem too - had to call them. They had me email my address and how many weights I wanted and they sent me a paypal invoice.

So yeah glitch on their website because its free shipping. But call them and they will get it straightened out. I like the black weights compared to john deer green that I would have had to paint. And the weights are pretty decent. Fits the heavy hitch perfect! And its cheaper then local (don't forget the tax too - none from online)

zapper

Equipment
Nov 9, 2014
DANVILLE
Thanks for all the great ideas. I'm on the fence right now which way go. Rear 3 pt has the most capacity but I will have to remove the backhoe, connect the 3 pt hitch linkages, and the hook up the 3 pt hitch. It will also be harder for me to back up and position my trailers then going forward with a front end hitch. If I do try to fabricate a front end hitch I will remove my front loader bucket very easy to do with my quick release. This will give me a little more lifting capacity and easier to see the ball. I think it will also be easier to look forward while parking or moving trailers.

forceten

Equipment
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Thanks for all the great ideas. I'm on the fence right now which way go. Rear 3 pt has the most capacity but I will have to remove the backhoe, connect the 3 pt hitch linkages, and the hook up the 3 pt hitch. It will also be harder for me to back up and position my trailers then going forward with a front end hitch. If I do try to fabricate a front end hitch I will remove my front loader bucket very easy to do with my quick release. This will give me a little more lifting capacity and easier to see the ball. I think it will also be easier to look forward while parking or moving trailers.
I also have this from BXpanded and with their quick backhoe bucket attach. I can put on that receiver in 1 min time.

Granted the backhoe can't lift as much as the three point hitch. But just in case you wanted to leave your Bh on - here is another option

http://bxpanded.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=73

There is tax on online purchases as of November 1.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Didn't know that - is that for ALL internet purchases now? I haven't bought anything online this month

Last edited:

Eldubya

Equipment
B7800FEL Bck hoe Box scraper Post auger Field rake
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
Having a hitch on the FEL is great! VERY easy to put whatever, wherever, with accuracy. Only down-side I see is the limited lifting capability. The three point system is stronger, but a PITA to remove your back hoe every time.
Lil Foot - I like your simple your ball attachment. I have an 2`` trailer receiver assembly from a pick-up welded to the top of my FEL, and just insert the hitch into that. Works OK, but is too high to get underneath a lot of trailer tongues. Yours, attached to the bottom of the bucket would be preferable.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Lil Foot I gotta say I like your idea. Your gem it a hit. I could see adding clevis points as well. Now to find me some iron :D