BX FEL Control Adjustment

onefstsnake

Equipment
BX 2370
Sep 28, 2015
Spotsylvania, VA
We recently purchased a BX2370 and after using it for a while last night I noticed the FEL control lever was getting in the way of the throttle lever...

Looking under the cover it seems like there is alot of play in the linkage.

What would be the best way to adjust the linkages?
And should I add a drop of blue locktite to the nuts to keep them from backing off?

Thanks! :)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
We recently purchased a BX2370 and after using it for a while last night I noticed the FEL control lever was getting in the way of the throttle lever...

And should I add a drop of blue locktite to the nuts to keep them from backing off?

If nuts are loose - I would place some loctite on them for sure.

I will got out and look at mine and see if there is anything similar on mine.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

you must have some linkages way outta wack .....my stick to throttle cannot get closer than 4.5 inches!

onefstsnake

Equipment
BX 2370
Sep 28, 2015
Spotsylvania, VA
Yeah I need to look at it after work today.
I noticed a bare metal threaded shaft and nut that pointed towards the steering wheel under the FEL control cover. That's what seemed to be out of adjustment.

onefstsnake

Equipment
BX 2370
Sep 28, 2015
Spotsylvania, VA
Got the linkage fixed. About 1/2-3/4" adjustment got me ~4" of clearance on the lever.

Its a simple turnbuckle with jam nuts on each end that connect the FEL lever to the downward linkage behind the batter cover.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Got the linkage fixed. About 1/2-3/4" adjustment got me ~4" of clearance on the lever.

Its a simple turnbuckle with jam nuts on each end that connect the FEL lever to the downward linkage behind the batter cover.

Glad to hear you got it fixed - that could be rather dangerous, the stick hitting the throttle!

How did two jam nuts "move" ?

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Since you had trouble once you might want to check the rest of the linkage. My linkage fell apart just below the floor pan,and I found all the bolts / nuts on the linkage loose. It appeared that they had never been tightened during assembly. I didn't add Locktite, but did tighten all the bolts and nuts. When it fell apart I couldn't raise or lower the fel. Luckily I had an empty bucket.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Who ever designed the valve for the loader didn't give much thought to the user. I've had several tractors with loaders. After getting the BX I noticed how this control lever was much longer than my past experiences. So I cut it off some, re-set the knob and now all is well. No sweat doing fine adjustment of bucket position with a shorter lever.

onefstsnake

Equipment
BX 2370
Sep 28, 2015
Spotsylvania, VA
I can only assume the nuts came loose from never being tightened during assembly. Everything is tight now and the only play in the linkage is from the small ball ends.

Now I need to figure out a good way to remover the drive over mmm on a concrete floor. Ground is so wet I'm afraid if I drive over it in the grass it's going to be there till winter.