BX Coolant

JG4660

Apr 22, 2019
Buffalo
Whats the consensus on coolant for a BX? Seems like any name brand quality Green stuff pre-mixed or 50/50 per the manual will do, any reason to use anything else? TIA.....

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Whats the consensus on coolant for a BX? Seems like any name brand quality Green stuff pre-mixed or 50/50 per the manual will do, any reason to use anything else? TIA.....

Make sure it’s ethylene glycol (toxic) NOT propylene glycol (nontoxic). And stay away from the proprietary blends like DEX-COOL. I think I went with Peak Final Charge because that’s what others were using. (I’ll double check tonight). It’s orange, so green is not a necessity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
You are correct that standard green ethylene glycol is what Kubota recommends, and is fine.
That said, one reason to use an extended life coolant is that you won't need to change it every two years. I switched all of my Kubota machines over to Zerex G05 years ago for the 5 year interval. There are plenty of other suitable coolants, but as JG4660 mentions DexCool is NOT one of them. Engines and cooling systems must be specifically designed for DexCool (and Ford's from 2011 on).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JG4660

Apr 22, 2019
Buffalo
Thanks for the input...probably gonna use the Napa original green or Zerex for a few bucks more. I see theirs a plug to drain the block on the left side not mentioned in the manual, looks like you could use it to drain everything from one location.

JG

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Tractor Supply has an antifreeze called Fleet Charge. It has an additive in it for diesel engines.
Not required. Kubota's are not wet linered engines.

Green works fine.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Thanks for the input...probably gonna use the Napa original green or Zerex for a few bucks more. I see theirs a plug to drain the block on the left side not mentioned in the manual, looks like you could use it to drain everything from one location.

JG

Yea good luck with that. I tried every socket, extension and wobble I owned. It’s impossible to get to on a BX25D. Gave up before I completely stripped the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JG4660

Apr 22, 2019
Buffalo
JK...Haha..I haven't actually went and looked for that drain on mine.. If thats the case i won't bother either. Thanks

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I switched mine too, Zerex G05. I was using it for my Dodge Cummins and thought it would be easier to have 1 kind for both. I thought it was easier to pull the lower radiator hose than hassle with the drain plug. I flushed it a couple times with water from my dehumidifier, added coolant and checked with my coolant tester.