BX 2380 Hyd leak around FEL quick connect

Kevin1

Equipment
Husqvarna MZT 52, BX2380,FEL, Box blade, Landscape Rake
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
After about 50 hours I started noting hyd fluid on the garage floor. Best I can trace it is coming from the bottom side of the quick connect for the FEL. Small amount (10-15 drops a night), enough to require a drip pan on the garage floor. I relieve the pressure from the line after parking and still drips. I have not removed the FEL yet, just curious if anyone else has insight on this problem.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Seems to be a reoccurring issue on many of these new units.

Check the routing of the lines, as some pull the coupling under use and that's when they leak.

Last edited:

Kevin1

Equipment
Husqvarna MZT 52, BX2380,FEL, Box blade, Landscape Rake
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
Thanks, I have some time today so I will remove the FEL and see if I can determine which line is the source. The fluid runs down the lines and tends to drip off where the lines are coupled together underneath and about a foot aft. This must be the low point. I will provide an update once some progress is made.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Mine leaked at 5 hours. Also seems sometimes very hard to connect.

Like Wolfman said, seems to be a common issue with the 4 integrated flat face connectors for the new BX FEL’s.

Honestly, when I saw that new feature, I was a little skeptical as to its functionality and reliability.

I guess I equate it to the drive-over/auto-connect mower decks JD has. I think they have had some problems with them also.

Don’t get me wrong, both are great ideas, but whether they work reliably in the real world needs to be proven. JMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: