BX 2370 pallet forks

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
Looking for pallet forks for a BX2370. It does NOT have SSQA quick hitch. I have only found one option and if I follow the youtube on it the company that makes it also has a quick connect for the loader that is rather simple. The company is Ai2. Anyone have any experience with the quick connect or the pallet forks for the BX. Anyone know of another option for pallet forks? Talked with a Kubota dealer today and he was not sure he could get pallet forks for a BX. My impression is you can add the quick connect at any time. Thanks

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
I have the quick attach Ai2 Products manufactures. Very well made, well designed products with great customer service. His pallet forks are on my wish list. I don’t think you can go wrong.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Looking for pallet forks for a BX2370. It does NOT have SSQA quick hitch. I have only found one option and if I follow the youtube on it the company that makes it also has a quick connect for the loader that is rather simple. The company is Ai2. Anyone have any experience with the quick connect or the pallet forks for the BX. Anyone know of another option for pallet forks? Talked with a Kubota dealer today and he was not sure he could get pallet forks for a BX. My impression is you can add the quick connect at any time. Thanks

Bought these for a friend of mine ..... works well for him ! and for the money they are fairly stout.
BX max bucket lift is about 600 lbs - so this will allow you to maybe pick up around 475 at the middle of the forks.....ships for free too!

BX'r

Equipment
BX2370
Jun 13, 2020
ipsc
I just ordered a set from my local dealer for my bx2370.
I don't have the quick attach .

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
if you are shopping 'adapters' such as the Ai system, then also consider switching to SSQA. I bought the ssqa adapter from EA for around $500, it has made my machine so much more productive, esp using the pallet forks. I have not noticed any decrease in capacity.

A very light set of pallet forks (SSQA) are made by earth and turf in PA. They are way lighter than Artillian and most of the other ones out there. (they are 33" box frame style)

Last edited:

Palmettokat

Equipment
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
B737, they are also lower cost. Have little shorter forks but think they will be a very good fit.

On the AI2, look good and like their quick attachment but they like their attachments a little more than I do. Almost $500 for the quick attachment adapter, hope he has Patten on it. He does have some good info in his video. No doubt their product is very well made.

Thank each of you for your recommendation. Kenneth

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
As B737 says , if you're going for some kind of 'adapter', get SSQA ! It was a 'must have' when I bought my BX23s 2 years ago. Being compatible with 100s of implements is nice...allows getting a better deal or easily making your own .....

Palmettokat

Equipment
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
As B737 says , if you're going for some kind of 'adapter', get SSQA ! It was a 'must have' when I bought my BX23s 2 years ago. Being compatible with 100s of implements is nice...allows getting a better deal or easily making your own .....
The lift capacity is so little (about 750 at the pins) you can not afford to use any for the lift capacity for a ssqa mount if not necessary. The tractor will only be used for bucket or pallet. The ssqa adapter is $1,000 then $550 for a bucket with ssqa mount or have the current bucket reworked. If the lift capacity was not so limited would agree with you totally.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Sell old bucket for $200. Buy new bucket for $400. Adapter plate is ~$500 (can’t remember) but I think you are reading into the “lost capacity “ hype train too much. I can still pickup heaping bucket loads of top soil. Have yet to find a load the machine hasn’t lifted even with the grapple. I would not let that point alone deter you, because based on my experience, it is insignificant.
What IS significant is I can pop the bucket off and switch to different implements in a minute.

when I measured the distance from the pin of the bucket with the adapter, the change was less than 3/4”. I don’t see how the propriety system such as Ai or other boutique style would be an advantage over SSQA. The plate itself weighs around 50 pounds.

Last edited:

Palmettokat

Equipment
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
Dirt is not the issue. It will be used in Mobile Home business moving such items as blocks, concrete mix being some items being moved. The loads will be pushing the max loads per Kubota specs. The need for bucket will be seldom. The need to switch the two implements will be seldom.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
If your main concern is maximum lift capacity you can get a fork set without a quick change adapter. The Kubota adapter, AI2 adapter and SSQA plates all extend the bucket or forks out reducing the load capacity a little. The Kubota and AI2 forks both with directly pin to the loader arms. The AI2 forks are lighter leaving more capacity for the load.

The change between bucket and forks will take longer. Pull the three pin to remove, align other implement the install pins.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Ai2 Adapter 50 pounds $480
Ai2 Fork set 162 pounds $875.00
212 total lbs, but the Ai2 moves the pin distance much further out than the SSQA adapter.
Get to keep your old bucket $0 = $1,355

EA SSQA adapter 68 pounds $595
Earth and Turf BX forks 130 pounds $550.00
198 total lbs, pin distance moved 3/4" or less.
Sell old bucket, buy new SSQA bucket net $200 = $1,355

Same money, nearly the same weight. Closer distance to pin = greater capacity. 30 second no fuss implement swaps. Endless SSQA things to pick from. I have lifted plenty of objects greater than 450 pounds with no issues using SSQA forks. I'm certain I've exceeded that value with the grapple, and bucket, but I'm just going off my heaviest implement where I know its total weight without guessing.

I cant wrap my brain around all the fuss knocking out greasy pins to drop the implement perfectly level, and doing the same in reverse, to switch implements. At best it will take 10 minutes, more than likely it'll take 20+.

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
Last year I went all through the plus and minus of pallet forks with a pin on bucket.
For me to convert to a ssqa (OEM ssqa / bucket) and Ai2 pallet forks.... the package shipped was over $2,000
Now with that, I can now buy ssqa implements in the future IE: grapple $$$$$$$$
I finally wised up and decided with my set-up, to just buy the BXpanded bucket forks for under $350 shipped. (and take only 2-3 minutes to install)
What ever you do.... DO NOT buy "clamp-on" bucket forks, they weigh too much they can bend your bucket and they are ridged.... Real forks can pivot (and so can my BXpanded).... clamp-on forks can not pivot !!
Spend the $$$$ to get a real set-up or spend $$ to get the BXpanded, but don't waste your $ on clamp-on's !

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Replacing the bucket with forks is the absolute best.

BUT I can tell you I have got great use out of clamp on bucket forks on my b2910.

Just a possible option to consider. On and off in two minutes. But the visability proper forks offer is priceless. Sounds like dedicated forks may suit your needs best.

Reactions: 1 user

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
I welded pieces of 1/2” steel to my loader pins for handles to make it easier and cleaner to swap between the bucket and forks I built. I can swap between them in less than 5 minutes on a level surface.
C5437EC8-0BD8-402C-BC87-D1E9CAB506FF.jpeg

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Last year I broken the Kubota quick attach on my BX. Swapping bucket and forks by pulling pins is doable but takes a few minutes. While waiting for new quick attach from dealer noticed the lifting capacity was higher with the attachment directly on the loader arms. The OP mentioned pushing the BX lifting to the limits. Will need to add weight to back of the tractor. With filled rear tires the backend gets light quick. Need the ballast box when lifting wight with the forks.

Palmettokat

Equipment
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
I understand the benefits of quick connects. On my second tractor with quick connects on a fel. The BX is not my tractor but belongs to a lady who works for me. They are new to fel and convinced they must save all the lifting capacity. It is possible after using it for while will end up with quick connect but the need for pallet forks they can use is currently. Honestly on the BX I would not install SSQA. I have hooked and unhooked many three point implements. Cat 1 and Cat 2 and firmly believe I rather pin the weight of the bucket or pallet forks than any Cat 2 implement ever hooked up to. The weight of the BX attachments are not very heavy at all.

Based upon what I understand on the Ai2 quick connect system it works with the BX pin on attachments and could be added at any time. It is my thoughts they will find the lift capacity needed will prove to be less than they expect or they will need larger tractor.

Seriously appreciate each persons thoughts.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
You couldn't give me a tractor without SSQA, had one, got rid of the 'easy 4 pins' loader, fast ! While BX attachments may not be heavy, say that again while you're trying to change them on uneven ,wet ground after you've tossed out your back. Having 2 collapsed discs doesn't help either.... No matter who you are, the older you get..you don't get any younger ! I got SSQA on my BX23s at no charge over the PITA 4 pin setup. Any good weld/fab shop can makeup an SSQA palletfork unit that is lightweight and easily carry the realistic 550# capacity of the BX23s, I assume all BX23xx are similar ? I bought an HLA 900# set from the dealer as he's treated me fair even though I have lots of steel and welding ability.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
re:
I can swap between them in less than 5 minutes on a level surface.

yeah but that's 10x slower than SSQA... and I never seem to have ANY 'level' surface around this place.....

gettin old and 'grumpy', things are supposed to be EASIER, the older we get....
just don't get me going on 3 PH 'systems'.....

• Haha