BX 2370 - Looking, Lurking, Learning and leaning!

GEPM64

Equipment
B2601 with FEL, Box Scraper, rotary mower, 3pt snowblower and Sovema Tiller
Sep 15, 2014
Hazelridge, Manitoba, Canada
Hi All,

As you might gather from the above, I've been looking for a small tractor for some time now. I've looked at every brand out there and I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a Brand new BX2370. I'm going to equip it with a FEL and 54" Box scrapper and eventually a tiller and maybe a snow blower. I have no intentions of ever using this to cut grass (I have a Green lawn tractor for that) and I only cut about 3/4 of an acre. I have about 6 acres of land, a long drive way, and a small hobby farm (Chickens and sheep) My needs are to clean snow (when my ATV and Plow can no longer push it), move some dirt around the yard (light landscaping), spread gravel from time to time, grade my gravel driveway, carry bales of hay, fire wood, etc. and clean out animal pens). I'd also use this to pull a hay cart from time to time and pretty much use the loader to carry anything that is too heavy to move by hand.

My questions are what are the realistic capabilities and limitation of this machine? I know this is a small light/medium duty machine and I understand that. I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not buying enough machine vs. my expectations, yet I can't seem to justify moving up to a B series. By the way, this is my first (and probably only tractor purchase) as I'm 50 and don't see getting more land in the near future.

In the real world, what can this machine tow? How much can the FEL move? Am I missing anything here? Anything that I should be aware of from actual owners?

Thanks and I look forward to all of your responses.

Regards,
Glenn

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi All,

As you might gather from the above, I've been looking for a small tractor for some time now. I've looked at every brand out there and I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a Brand new BX2370. I'm going to equip it with a FEL and 54" Box scrapper and eventually a tiller and maybe a snow blower. I have no intentions of ever using this to cut grass (I have a Green lawn tractor for that) and I only cut about 3/4 of an acre. I have about 6 acres of land, a long drive way, and a small hobby farm (Chickens and sheep) My needs are to clean snow (when my ATV and Plow can no longer push it), move some dirt around the yard (light landscaping), spread gravel from time to time, grade my gravel driveway, carry bales of hay, fire wood, etc. and clean out animal pens). I'd also use this to pull a hay cart from time to time and pretty much use the loader to carry anything that is too heavy to move by hand.

My questions are what are the realistic capabilities and limitation of this machine? I know this is a small light/medium duty machine and I understand that. I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not buying enough machine vs. my expectations, yet I can't seem to justify moving up to a B series. By the way, this is my first (and probably only tractor purchase) as I'm 50 and don't see getting more land in the near future.

In the real world, what can this machine tow? How much can the FEL move? Am I missing anything here? Anything that I should be aware of from actual owners?

Thanks and I look forward to all of your responses.

Regards,
Glenn
Glenn,

as many will tell you, the B is bigger and "better" .......but I am VERY GLAD I bought my BX.....now yours get a little less in the HP than a typical next move up B.....but so what!

the BX will DO anything you want.....anything......but it might do it slower than you wish, I was 51 when I bit the bullet and got my BX25D....I have noooooooooooo regrets about getting anything bigger.....

many will tell you that more money will pay off with HP and size.... maybe true.

It will do anything you described, and you will be happy with it, if the B series is a few K more, then look into it, but for the money the BX will do it all and then some.

trust me and believe that you will be pissed that you didnt get it sooner!:D:D:D:D

if you are not going to cut grass - get the industrial tires, i love mine!

kubotaman574

Equipment
BX2670 B2650
Aug 8, 2013
Elkhart In
I bought a 2670, LOVE IT, got a new B3350 and took it back. My 2670 will out lift the 3030 the my Buddy has, goes places the B can't go and has NEVER Let me down

DanDan

Equipment
BX1860, L2600DT
Sep 21, 2012
SoCal
How much can the FEL move? Am I missing anything here? Anything that I should be aware of from actual owners?
We bought the smaller sister (BX1860) a few years ago for our similar-sized hobby farm/horse ranch. Mostly needed to help with mucking stalls, moving hay, etc.

The loader and bucket on the BX2370 are slightly more capable than ours, but I think I can provide some context nevertheless.

Per the Kubota specs, the bucket capacity on the BX2370 is 4.9 cu ft. Here is what that looks like:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/groundworkreg;-wheelbarrow-5-cu-ft

We can get 3 bales of hay on it; maybe 4 if I am feeling randy.

Upon realizing this, we almost instantly regretted the smaller tractor due to the very limited bucket size.

However, now that she has been using it for a few years, my wife would never part with the little gal.

I still want a bigger one.
Well, I have a bigger one- but I still want even bigger :D

Honestly though- if we were to get one that was much bigger we could not easily fit it in and around the corners of the barn, etc. Certainly one of the great features of the little BX's is that they are quite nimble.

GEPM64

Equipment
Sep 15, 2014
Glenn,

as many will tell you, the B is bigger and "better" .......but I am VERY GLAD I bought my BX.....now yours get a little less in the HP than a typical next move up B.....but so what!

the BX will DO anything you want.....anything......but it might do it slower than you wish, I was 51 when I bit the bullet and got my BX25D....I have noooooooooooo regrets about getting anything bigger.....

many will tell you that more money will pay off with HP and size.... maybe true.

It will do anything you described, and you will be happy with it, if the B series is a few K more, then look into it, but for the money the BX will do it all and then some.

trust me and believe that you will be pissed that you didnt get it sooner!:D:D:D:D

if you are not going to cut grass - get the industrial tires, i love mine!

Thanks for the words of a wisdom. The move up to the B is the cost of a tiller in the spring. The 2370 is a 23hp while yours is the 26hp. Would I be better off looking at the 2670 instead? Will the addition 3hp worth while? I understand the 2670 uses a different block and makes its power with lower RPMs. Is this a worth while upgrade? The dealer I'm working with tells me they sell 10-2370's to every 2-2670's. The price difference is $1500.

Thanks,
Glenn

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thanks for the words of a wisdom. The move up to the B is the cost of a tiller in the spring. The 2370 is a 23hp while yours is the 26hp. Would I be better off looking at the 2670 instead? Will the addition 3hp worth while? I understand the 2670 uses a different block and makes its power with lower RPMs. Is this a worth while upgrade? The dealer I'm working with tells me they sell 10-2370's to every 2-2670's. The price difference is $1500.

Thanks,
Glenn

if $1500 is all, that is $375 a year...tax free....0% - shoot a dollar a day!!!:D

tell him that you want the 2670 and fill your tires for free,:eek: I would do it for that amount. Same footprint about 12% more power....

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
As Hokie put it, I would probably upgrade for that price.

Also double check on the 54" box blade. I thought 48" was about max, but it could proabably be done.

GEPM64

Equipment
Sep 15, 2014
As Hokie put it, I would probably upgrade for that price.

Also double check on the 54" box blade. I thought 48" was about max, but it could proabably be done.
I did ask about the box blade and they changed it to a 48". As for upgrading, the dealers around here don't stock the 2670, so they are less likely to deal on them. Right now I'm at $16,600 OTD taxes and delivery included. I also added the LED work lights on the ROPs. FYI, I'm in Canada. I'm probably going to pull the trigger tomorrow and hopefully have it by the weekend. I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Glenn

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I did ask about the box blade and they changed it to a 48". As for upgrading, the dealers around here don't stock the 2670, so they are less likely to deal on them. Right now I'm at $16,600 OTD taxes and delivery included. I also added the LED work lights on the ROPs. FYI, I'm in Canada. I'm probably going to pull the trigger tomorrow and hopefully have it by the weekend. I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Glenn
Pull it ! Pull it !!! and never look back! :D:D

Volsfan

Sep 7, 2014
Cleveland,Tennessee
Where the bx really shines is mowing. If you are not mowing I would step up to the B. you can get 0 percent for 72 months on the B series right now. You can get a b2650 with loader for around 18 ish.

GEPM64

Equipment
Sep 15, 2014
Where the bx really shines is mowing. If you are not mowing I would step up to the B. you can get 0 percent for 72 months on the B series right now. You can get a b2650 with loader for around 18 ish.
Good advice, except in Canada a b2650 is $17,500 plus loader, box scraper, taxes, it would be about $24,000 OTD. Way more then I can justify to the wife and my bank account.

GEPM64

Equipment
Sep 15, 2014
Another question. How heavy a load can I tow with the BX2370? I have a hay wagon that I want to pull around the yard.

Thanks,

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Another question. How heavy a load can I tow with the BX2370? I have a hay wagon that I want to pull around the yard.

Thanks,

It can tow a railroad car.......but that is not what you are really asking. I am guessing the wagon is on 4 wheels and not 2, thus a tongue load is not going to be too much. If flat and no hills, I would say within reason it could be done easily - braking is the hard part - YOU dont want to load it and then go down a driveway or hillside, that is were trouble starts.....and ends.

Are you going to use the 3 point ? or hitch below? Be very careful if using the 3 point lift, wagons that are on two wheels can ride up on the 3 point.

Pulling around the yard will be ok, take it slow and braking will be slower too, with HST it should be fine.

GEPM64

Equipment
Sep 15, 2014
It can tow a railroad car.......but that is not what you are really asking. I am guessing the wagon is on 4 wheels and not 2, thus a tongue load is not going to be too much. If flat and no hills, I would say within reason it could be done easily - braking is the hard part - YOU dont want to load it and then go down a driveway or hillside, that is were trouble starts.....and ends.

Are you going to use the 3 point ? or hitch below? Be very careful if using the 3 point lift, wagons that are on two wheels can ride up on the 3 point.

Pulling around the yard will be ok, take it slow and braking will be slower too, with HST it should be fine.
This is what I want to tow with it. It's a chicken coop that we use as a parade float for our business. It weights about 1500 lbs max and easily tows with my ATV.

Attachments

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I move around my 16' enclosed tandem axle car hauler, like 2000 lbs, dry. Its about all it can handle. I just pull in/out of the shed on flat land.

GEPM64

Equipment
Sep 15, 2014
Well, I did it this morning. Talked to the dealer, gave him a deposit and he's in the process of getting my machine set up. He said he may even be able to deliver it tomorrow. I feel like a 6 year old kid the day before Christmas (only I'm paying for the toys). I'll post some pictures when I get it home.

Thanks to all of your for your advice over the last week. I've been looking at tractors for about 6-7 months and finally made my decision. I plan to spend more time here now that I have "Orange Blood" running in my veins.

Regards,
Glenn

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX 2370 with MMW, FEL and snow blower
Glenn I just purchased a 2370. Like you this will be the keeper. Been a long while since I saw 50. :(. Only 10 hours in the pilot seat but from what I have seen so far I think I made a good decision. I have learned a lot by reading this site. A wealth of knowledge there is. FEL is new to me and I quickly learned the mantra of low and slow.

GEPM64

Equipment
Sep 15, 2014
Glenn I just purchased a 2370. Like you this will be the keeper. Been a long while since I saw 50. :(. Only 10 hours in the pilot seat but from what I have seen so far I think I made a good decision. I have learned a lot by reading this site. A wealth of knowledge there is. FEL is new to me and I quickly learned the mantra of low and slow.
Thanks for the response. I have lots of hours in a skid steer and even though it can handle more, the same rules apply. My neighbor has one, so If I ever need to do some really heavy work, I can borrow it if need be.