BX-2370 - I'm seriously considering buying one. Need opinions.

ttj49

Equipment
B6100-DT
I have a chance to buy a 2015 BX-2370 with a 54 inch MMM and a FEL The tractor has 60 hours, and a transferable warranty, and the guy wants 12,500 for all. I'm not so concerned about the price. I think it's a good price.

I'm more concerned about new Kubotas VS old Kubotas. I have always owned old Kubotas, B series, 7200, 8200, 6100, etc. I realize it's a light weight tractor, and I only have 2 acres to maintain, but I will be doing a lot of dirt/landscape work, moving dirt, rock, grading, some digging. When that's all done it will be used for mowing, plowing/tilling, snow removal, and chasing the wife around the yard.

How do these new little BX tractors stack up against the older Kubotas? Are they built as good as the old ones? Will it hold up? Does regular category 1 equipment fit these BX tractors okay? Problems? Concerns? Are the new Kubota diesel engines as strong as the old ones? I have myself convinced this is the tractor I want, but I'd like to hear some other opinions...Thanks....!!

Last edited:

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I have only had a BX2370 so I can't compare it to the other tractors. How long have you been married?;) Do you want to catch your wife or are you just chasing to give her some exercise?:rolleyes: If you have only been married a couple of years and you are really trying to catch her forget the BX and get a faster tractor!:D

ttj49

Equipment
B6100-DT
I have only had a BX2370 so I can't compare it to the other tractors. How long have you been married?;) Do you want to catch your wife or are you just chasing to give her some exercise?:rolleyes: If you have only been married a couple of years and you are really trying to catch her forget the BX and get a faster tractor!:D
Well, with my current B-6100 stick shift, she gets away to easily when I stop and shift. Gotta keep her running, so I figure the hydro drive on the BX will give her a better work out.... :)

WELD

May 9, 2016
Salem MA
The 3rd High speed option offered in the B would be a much better option.:D

side by side comparison between the older B and the newer BX is tough to see without digging into details.
Sitting behind the wheel the BX seems big, but ground clearance is going to be less. I think lift and load capacities are about the same between some of the older Bs and the BX.

BX has more HP. but your older B makes all of its torque around 2500 RPM, one of the reasons they last so long. the new BX is going to be spinning 3200. not a big deal but worth mentioning. maybe a little louder?
they weigh in pretty close to the older Bs too.

The BX is def a good match for the mowing tilling and chasing. the landscaping work it will surely DO, but you may have to get creative and take your time with larger tasks.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
LOL..Larry......
I always say bigger is better...but a lot of folks do ALOT with the BX tractors...I dought you could kill one. I think the upgrade from your current tractor comfort wize you'll be very very pleased.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
If cared for, it too will be around like the older B's!

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
I'm gonna have to try that wife chasing thing with the BX one of these days. But I will say the little BX has been a dead solid and dependable workhorse for more than 10 years now. It is indeed low to the ground vs. a B model and that has both advantages and disadvantages, but it's just amazing what you can do with it.

Indianaeph

Equipment
M59, BX2360 60, 96" Flail, 72"bob, 72" pulverizor, 48" forks, 48" tiller, 12' BH
Jun 6, 2016
Columbus, in, usa
I just bought a 2360 and love it. I thought it would be too small for the property work. I got a good deal on it and it only had 50 hours. I've mowed my 4 ac. Of grass once an love the power and maneuverability.

I also own a M59 and after trying to do yard work with that I am greatful to have the BX. The M59 is an awesome machine but I was tired of the ruts in the grass (8500lbs!)

xtruckerbob

Equipment
Kubota L2600, - BX 2670, - BX 25-D-1, -G3200, - RTV 900, - ZTR 121S
Nov 7, 2012
Winnsboro, Louisiana
We have a BX25D and a BX2670 both with 60 inch deck and I think they are as tough as the old ones. we mow about 20 acres a week with the BX's. Either of the BX machines will mow side by side our L2600 with a 60 Landpride.