BX 2200 trans leak

Wavewhacker

Mar 30, 2015
Henderson ,ky,usa
I have a bx 2200 that has a hyd. leak that repair has been attempted twice by the dealer. Still leaking ! Has anyone tried stop leak for trans. leaks ? Does it work, result, any possible problems from using it ? Thanks

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Well I see you have not had a response. I was going to answer earlier but figured it would sound like a smart A$$ reply.

Can not help but think using stop leak in your system would change the tractor into a STOP RUN situation, as the HST was destroyed.

Just an opinion...nothing to back it up. But no way I would do that to my BX2200.

Reactions: 1 user

Wavewhacker

Mar 30, 2015
Henderson ,ky,usa
Thanks, it seems to be blowing back from the fan. I don’t like the “leak” stoppers either. Just miffed because I’ve paid for a repair twice and still have the problem !

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
there's a million places for the transmission to leak.

where is it leaking from? You said transmission but that doesn't tell us where the leak is propagating from. The source must be identified before it can be repaired

I have done these and I hate them. Full featured tractor that's only 1/4 the size of a normal tractor, so everything's PACKED tight, makes it really hard to find pesky leaks at the transmission

u have to use dye and a light. It is the only due to how the tractor (actually a big lawn mower) is built.

stop leak. If you cut your arm 3/4 off would you just put a band aid on it? It might slow the bleeding but it doesn't stop the root of the problem.